The Talk About Whatever You Like Forum Until We Know Who Is Playing At No Direction Home

Guest GeordieMartin

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No love for I Am The Fun Blame Monster?

I'm not sure I can quite rank Friend And Foe and Mines. FaF has their best song in Wet & Rusting, but Mines is more consistent, for me. And Dirty Cartoons, nearly matches Wet & Rusting.

I'm definitely in the "book 'em, EOTR!" camp. Saw them at The Barfly when FaF was released and they were a fantastic band. One of them has left now, of course, to concentrate on Ramona Falls (if you haven't heard them, I fully recommend that you remedy that), but I'm sure they're just as good.

No love for I Am The Fun Blame Monster?

I'm not sure I can quite rank Friend And Foe and Mines. FaF has their best song in Wet & Rusting, but Mines is more consistent, for me. And Dirty Cartoons, nearly matches Wet & Rusting.

I'm definitely in the "book 'em, EOTR!" camp. Saw them at The Barfly when FaF was released and they were a fantastic band. One of them has left now, of course, to concentrate on Ramona Falls (if you haven't heard them, I fully recommend that you remedy that), but I'm sure they're just as good.

Went down to see him in Manchester on Saturday, first time since, ahem, 1975! Cracking show, very energetic 2 hour set, though Todd was looking reassuringly paunchy. 'New' venue - refurbished Ritz - but usual shitty bar problems. Thankfully, my companion was an ex-local and introduced me to 'The Briton's Protection' and 'Peveril Of The Peak' before and after, fine ales in lovely old buildings. How big is the Jazz Cafe?

It seems that NDH has its own facebook and facebook forum pages plus twitter, so I am wondering to myself is this forum gonna be used for both festivals? And why does it say NDH "curated" by End of the Road, that implies that it is not actually "their" festival.

I haven't got a ticket because I don't think I can make the dates but if they start making band announcements I bet I am going to want to go...must be due some information soon.