Bearded Theory 2012

Guest Rich BT

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has been a tough year booking and we went after 12 bands to fill 3 slots. Some were just not interested despite 6 months of approaches and agents wanting them to do the show. That said we are more than happy with the bands we have. Levellers has been a long time coming, Damned as they were the most requested in 2012 and DZ as we wanted a dancey party band to close the festival. We have quite a few bands that do not do much on the circuit like Dr Feelgood, Terrorvision, Hedgerow Crawlers, Credit to the Nation, Ashan Project, Astralasia, etc. The reaction this year has been the best we have had to date, which has been lovely to be honest.

Edited by Rich BT

WATERS EDGE LINE UP

We are delighted to announce Martin Harley band will headline the Sunday night on the Waters Edge Stage and also joining them that day will be Mad Dog Mcrae, Leatherat, Bemis & Jordan Delap.

3 Daft Monkeys headline the Waters Edge on the Saturday and Hobo Jones & The Junkyard Dogs, True Deceivers, Pete Jackson and the Longshanks complete that day.

Friday will see Jemma Johnson and Stevie One Bloke One Mandolin perform.

FAMILY FRIENDLY

The Sunday family friendly but a little less cheesy slot will be announced next month.

Like I say, I like Bearded. It's a great little festival. But the choice of headliners (Damned aside) is uninspiring, sorry.

I got carried away with the new smileys above.

Anyway for the anorak attendees here is the day orders and some blurb for the Tornado Town bit:-

Hello my lovelies….First time at the festival or a Bearded Veteran?? All be welcome at Bearded Theory’s spankingly brand new area - Tornado Town. Expect cocktails and the usual bar type refreshments, ladies in corsets, competitions and some of the best acts on the circuit from both past, present and future.

Friday kicks off how it means to go on – expect folk punk, ska, dubstep, hip hop, Irish spiced punk and Brighton’s finest. Its gonna be a great start to the party.

Saturday starts kindly to those who may be a little delicate from the night before. But only a little as off we go on a frenzy of banjo’s, fiddles, 80’s psychobilly, hoedown, ska and traditional festival vibes.

Roll on into Sunday with the infamous Special Sunday Guests – past guests have been Wagner and The Cheeky Girls – stay tuned as The Devils Prefects then start off the day with their own take on Country & Western. The day slides nicely along with a bangingly sexy, rock n roll, Nu Swing feel.

And that’s not all!! Every day our resident DJ’s Doc Tequila and House of Lydd will be spinning tunes to keep you fired up, in the mood and at the top of your game.

We’re looking forward to seeing you there……

Friday

Los Albertos

Roughneck Riot

Karl Phillips & the Midnight Ramblers

Zora & The Tatsmiths

10 O’Clock Horses

Saturday

Back to the Planet

Pronghorn

The Boot Hill All Stars

The Cracked Actors

Flat Stanley

Gogo Cult

Gaz Brookfield

Dan Days

Sunday

King Pleasure & The Biscuit Boys

Jack Rabbit Slim

The Great Malarky

Graveyard Johnnys

Ten Pound Suit Band

Tracy Jane Sullivan

The Devils Prefects

Edited by Rich BT

• 2 weeks later...

I think that someone's asked this before but are Thursday night tickets going to be on sale again this year? We recently got an email from wegottickets about paying the ticket balance - and it'd be handy to be able to buy Thurs tickets at the same time ...

They've confirmed in their own forums that Thursday's not happening this year. Which is a shame as I much enjoyed the Thursday last year. Hopefully it'll be back in the future....

We had abit of a Bearded warm up last night. Astralasia, Magic Lamp and DJ Clumsy all played to a sold out Trades Club.

All I can say is WOW!! All 3 acts stunning and in my mind unmissable...all 3 acts playing the Magical Sounds tent....bring it on!!!

Hello all,

Anyone had any trouble trying to buy tickets from bearded theory shop? just trying to get mine today and the website shop is a bit snide...like wont let me pay by anything other than google checkout - I have never used google checkout.

I know I can buy from other websites like, but just wondered what the craic was with the shop website

Cheers people

Peace x

Been wondering about making a first trip to Bearded Theory, now v interested after hearing that Thornbridge brewery are running the beer tent. Mmmm Wild Swan.

How cold is it likely to be in May?

How easy is is to get a pitch arriving on Friday evening?

Any other comments to help me make my mind up?

Anna, Bearded is famed for being nippy at night. But being a week later this time and close to the royal weekend, it's got to be a warm one. There's enough space for late arrival pitches. & if you join the all-welcome efest camp, we'd help out somehow or other. There's always a few who arrive later.

Tom, sure there'd be a good few faces you'd recognise amongst us even if you can't persuade friends.

Perks, sorry can't help with your one. One of the organizers will be along soon to explain....

Thanks for the reply timespeedsup.

An efest camp looks appealing, but I have some family commitments around that time and may have to do some babysitting sweet-talking

Your name seems familiar, beyond seeing your posts here. Did you do the cider bus meets at Glastonbury last summer? I was there with my son.