Bearded Theory 2012

Guest Rich BT

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dance Tent line-up coming up very soon, efestivals will of course be the place to read it first!!

Friday is going to be abit dnb, breaks and then moving into old school techno

Saturday will remain psychedelic with a twist

Sundays shaping up to be the most diverse yet....

I do have a good 'System' in place and it should be with you in about '7' days, once contracts signed.. :dancing:

-thanks for the reply, Flip, but i wasn't the only one to notice it. I know you have to comply with restrictions, but lets just say the Bearded dance tesnt was the quietest dance tent out of the 30 or so festivals i have been to over the last few years. Just back from Alchemy, dance tent there was full on and as it should be. Perhaps the council are giving BT more stipulations than other festivals?

-not knocking all the incredibly hard work that I know must go on to stage these events, but its a shame that the council at BT's new home seemed more officous than BT's other home, or perhaps that is just first year settling in thing? Thinking also of the changes to finishing time in the Beared Tent, where the council seemed to move the goal-posts during the event, resulting in the headliners that nite, the hobo's, rushing thro a 30 minute set.

-looking forward to getting the heads 'up' on the new band in a weeks time, hope there are no 'spillages' on the way, or we'll all have to bang a gong or something!!!

ps Flip, just read you edited post, that sounds good to me, gives me hope! I've done three BT's + I really would like to do number 4, just feel there needs to be some assurance that this years problems wil be sorted (as much as they can be), accept can never get in perfect-tho' alchemy was good enough for me!

Edited by just7

Your making the judgement on the 4 hours [midnight - 2am Friday and Saturday] out of the 30 or so hours the dance tent played. All the other hours, the mainstage was operating and thats a much bigger rig allowing us to play a decent level. I loved the fact that on the Friday the crowd were chanting 'one more tune' at the end and I had to say no as it was 5 past 2am. That to me says it didn't spoil everyones fun!!

As I said I will continue to work on this closely with the council, I hope you come, its gonna be amazing!!

Anyway, lineup coming soon, we have everything from Northumbrian pipes to acid techno and lots inbetween!!

-thanks for the reply, Flip, but i wasn't the only one to notice it. I know you have to comply with restrictions, but lets just say the Bearded dance tesnt was the quietest dance tent out of the 30 or so festivals i have been to over the last few years. Just back from Alchemy, dance tent there was full on and as it should be. Perhaps the council are giving BT more stipulations than other festivals?

-not knocking all the incredibly hard work that I know must go on to stage these events, but its a shame that the council at BT's new home seemed more officous than BT's other home, or perhaps that is just first year settling in thing? Thinking also of the changes to finishing time in the Beared Tent, where the council seemed to move the goal-posts during the event, resulting in the headliners that nite, the hobo's, rushing thro a 30 minute set.

-looking forward to getting the heads 'up' on the new band in a weeks time, hope there are no 'spillages' on the way, or we'll all have to bang a gong or something!!!

ps Flip, just read you edited post, that sounds good to me, gives me hope! I've done three BT's + I really would like to do number 4, just feel there needs to be some assurance that this years problems wil be sorted (as much as they can be), accept can never get in perfect-tho' alchemy was good enough for me!

Edited by Rich BT

many thanks for the further info, Rich BT, it does help to give a better understanding of what goes on.

To be fair, at Alchemy, they had a restriction of 11pm friday nite and saturday nite for live music, with recorded/dj music two hours later. Sunday was, i think, a 10pm curfew.

Anyway, wish you all the best in your endeavours for the next BT

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tornado Town Line up -

TORNADO TOWN

PRONGHORN | BACK TO THE PLANET | LOS ALBERTOS

KING PLEASURE & THE BISCUIT BOYS | ROUGH NECK RIOT

TRACY JANE SULLIVAN | THE CRACKED ACTORS | BOOT HILL ALL STARS

10 O'CLOCK HORSES | 360 | DAN DAYS | FLAT STANLEY | GAZ BROOKFIELD

GO GO CULT | GRAVEYARD JOHNNYS | JACK RABBIT SLIM

KARL PHILLIPS & THE MIDNIGHT RAMBLERS | TEN POUND SUIT BAND

THE GREAT MALARKEY | ZORA & THE TATSMITHS