Festival Republic gems

Guest Mariner

Once again the Festival Republic stage was a veritable smörgåsbord of new music for me.

Bands I discovered who were awesome:

White Denim (Funky, bluesy, high tempo rock and roll. Somebody tapped me on the shoulder and asked me who they were. I was just shouted "I don't know but they fcuking rock!".)

And So I Watch You From Afar (Rock instrumentalists on speed)

Royal Bangs (Sound a bit like Minus the Bear - summery indie rock)

Grouplove were great fun, real summery happy indie pop, but with a bit of weight behind it.

Dry The River had an amazingly epic sound at times, and managed to convey the quality of their recorded output very well on to the live stage. At times their set was positively euphoric.

Cloud Control were very good.

Not that they were a discovery, but a special mention for The Horrors, who I thought were absolutely excellent!! Moving Further Away was just perfection.

Twin Atlantic were fantastic.

I must admit, I really love the Festival Republic stage, I love how intimate it is!

But for discoveries, I saw half of Murkage on the BBC Introducing, and they were awesome, thought they were really great.