Sleeping in car with day tickets after Sunday...

Guest foolsgold1981

Hi all,

First time I've ever done Leeds/Reading on a day ticket - going on the Sunday and fancy having a few drinks rather than staying sober all day and driving back afterwards. Don't really fancy trying to sneak into the campsite so thought me and my mate could just kip in the car and drive home, clear-headed on the Monday morning.

Has anyone ever done that before? Assuming it would be fine (and it's not like they could force us to drive if we're half-cut) but just wanted to check whether that is going to be possible? Wasn't too worried but then suddenly thought that the Sunday day parking will be in a completely different place to the weekend camping and wondered if the security would be difficult about it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Ta!!

The day car parks have to be empty at the end of the night. I remember in 06 they were clamping cars that were still in the car park after 1am, If they see you in the car they will be making you drive out.

that year I got to my car about half 12 to drive home (was going home every night) and when I arrived to my car there was around 5 security guys, a tow truck and some who looked in charge of it all stood around 20 cars close to mine, they rudely told me to be on my way and then the person went to the tow truck and said "give it another ten minutes and start to clamp/move" didnt stay to find out but the next morning (Sunday) I arrived and was told on entry "any car still in the car park at 1am will be towed"

Edited by stephen07

there was no separate car park at Leeds for day ticket holders, we left the arena about two, walked back to the car, kipped until about 11 and then drove out with no problems. Would have been easy enough to stay in one of the camps as well as there were no checks being made as you passed from one campsite to another, in fact it would be embarrassingly easy to go up on a friday with a day ticket at Leeds and then stay in the camps with all the music/rides etc for. the craic if that's what you wanted to do. Checks on the main gates into the arena for booze etc were minimal at best, non-existent in some cases.

• 9 years later...