v festival

Guest ronnieriley

just come back from weston park and could not believe what a shitty chav fest v has become.Have been going to v for 6 years and have seen it steadily get worse,why do tossers think its ok to chuck piss/bottles etc then hide thinking there cool as f**k.The music meens nothing at all to them its just an excuse to act like that cos they have not got the bottle to do it out of v,i know i,ll get the "why go then" response but surely you go for the music and atmosphere and not to have some cocky little twat taking the piss

Edited by ronnieriley

Its turned into a kiddie event I'm afraid mate. Immature little pricks who think throwing a bottle and shouting Alan all weekend is having fun. Personally I think V will go full circle and next year we will see a return of the decent bands and crowd it attracted a few years ago. I decided last year I'd had enough but got a last minute ticket this year. Very similar to last year, but I still enjoyed it. Just gotta ignore the co*ks...

Absolutely gutted to say this but I will NEVER go to V again after this weekend. It was awful. The amount of stupid little pr*cks that I saw was gob smacking. Fights all in the campsites, girl next to us had two lads jump on top of her tent and destroy it while she was still inside, they just ran off and laughed!! Everyone camped around her just laughed at her as well I honestly couldn't believe it and let her sleep in our tent for the weekend, I felt so sorry for her. There were idiots starting fires in the campsites, people pushing portaloos over with people inside them. One guy in the arena was passed out on the floor and someone went up to him and full on booted him in the head and then ran off. We went home Sunday day because I just couldn't stand being there any more!!

Edited by xxtinkerbellxx

Our tent got looted whilst we slept which nearly ruined our weekend.

On the Friday evening and Saturday, it was horrendously busy.

We got to the carpark for 8am Fri and it took us 2.5 hours to get to the camp site.

Then there were hardly any plots left. They must be letting more people in now.

I hear 90,000 were there over the weekend. Didn't it used to be only around 70,000?

Saw a few idiots this year. As for the piss, it's always been flying since I started

going in 2006.

Its turned into a kiddie event I'm afraid mate. Immature little pricks who think throwing a bottle and shouting Alan all weekend is having fun. Personally I think V will go full circle and next year we will see a return of the decent bands and crowd it attracted a few years ago. I decided last year I'd had enough but got a last minute ticket this year. Very similar to last year, but I still enjoyed it. Just gotta ignore the co*ks...

I'd like to add that it wasnt just young chavs throwing shit, I saw plenty of people in their late 20's early 30's chucking stuff which really suprised me! I had a good weekend but I wont ever camp again, went to weston and every year its getting a little bit more like reading/leeds on the night time and thats just not for me so think we'll stick to going for the day/weekend in future. Crowds were poorly balanced this year so many watching the pop stuff and the indie/rock crowds were tiny which meant it was good for us to get to front but the atmosphere suffered a bit. Really shocked by some of the things that I saw but me and the fella have decided its 50% chav fest and also 50% the fact were getting a bit older and cant be arsed with half the crap that comes with camping anymore lol

I'd like to add that it wasnt just young chavs throwing shit, I saw plenty of people in their late 20's early 30's chucking stuff which really suprised me! I had a good weekend but I wont ever camp again, went to weston and every year its getting a little bit more like reading/leeds on the night time and thats just not for me so think we'll stick to going for the day/weekend in future. Crowds were poorly balanced this year so many watching the pop stuff and the indie/rock crowds were tiny which meant it was good for us to get to front but the atmosphere suffered a bit. Really shocked by some of the things that I saw but me and the fella have decided its 50% chav fest and also 50% the fact were getting a bit older and cant be arsed with half the crap that comes with camping anymore lol

Me and my friends have been going to V for the last 3 years it never fails to be a fantastic weekend but have definatly noticed the increase in the chav activity. We listen to allsorts of music so were at acts like ellie goulding and ziggy marley but was also close to the front front for acts like eminem and chase and status, definatley found that this year was the worst in terms of idiots just wanting to piss around and fight and there just seemed to be more drugs on the scene this year too there was a group of girls that looked around 15 and not particularly chavvy stood in front of me at eminem hitting what looked like cocaine pretty hard, really sad!!!

We are V newcomers compared to some on here, (our 3rd year) but even we have seen a difference, we thought it was way busier, and the problems/aggro we have been able to tolerate in the past (pee throwing etc) was too much this time.

We love a broad range of the artists there, but seeing Chase and Status was just like some dodgy club 18-30 resort atmosphere, especially with the idiots crashing the security.

Morcheeba, Chase n Status and Dizee ended it on a high for us, but thinking of trying IOW or Big Chill next year to find more mature crowd.

V is always a strange one for me. From the tv coverage it's a very pop focused festival and if you stick with the two main stages that's probably the case, and I think such acts attract the sort of crowd who just sit there all day getting drunk and chatting, only stopping to look at the bands if they do a popular song.

However venture off the main stages and you can see some good acts. Saw Wolfgang, Big Audio Dynamite, Stornoway, I am Kloot and Gomez who were all great. The comedy stage and expanded food area on the edge of the site are also good editions for us oldies to escape the morons

Certainly a younger element there in recent years but that's probably as it should be. What gets me is the groups of 25 plus lads who group together and drink all weekend with seemingly little interest in the bands. Although they do seem to get all anxious if they loose contact with their mates. Clearly worried that they might have to interact with someone and have a conversation that doesn't involve talking about how drunk they got and what a character Kev is

Saddens me to read all these stories on here. I started at V in 2001, and this year I gave it a miss, and Id be saying for years I won't go back next year but always did, but this year I didn't and I won't again. The festival has just changed TOO much, for the great layout, and food courts in the arena, Strongbow tent and stage layouts which are great points, theres too many bad points, overcrowded, crowd getting younger and worse, line up not to my tastes, no nightlife whatsoever, absolutely shocking public relations and feedback its just gone too far.

I've moved on.

Theres too many fantastic festivals out there to waste your money on V, and their take your money and run tactics

This was my 3rd year at V - Chelmsford.

I did notice that the festival was alot busier and there were alot more younger people there however I didn't see any fights or people looting/jumping in to tents (Yellow Camp)....but did notice alot more cup/bottle throwing and the campsite was alot louder (ALAN!)at night times.

As for nightlife the addition of the slient disco in the Southern Comfort bar was really welcome - if you could get in

I'll be back next year at Hylands as its seems all the trouble is in Weston(Shame as I fancied a change for next year too!) and I do think that next year will be more bands and less pop.

Edited by Robbie c

Saddens me to read all these stories on here. I started at V in 2001, and this year I gave it a miss, and Id be saying for years I won't go back next year but always did, but this year I didn't and I won't again. The festival has just changed TOO much, for the great layout, and food courts in the arena, Strongbow tent and stage layouts which are great points, theres too many bad points, overcrowded, crowd getting younger and worse, line up not to my tastes, no nightlife whatsoever, absolutely shocking public relations and feedback its just gone too far.

I've moved on.

Theres too many fantastic festivals out there to waste your money on V, and their take your money and run tactics

There was a lot more dickheads there this year.

With having a lot of these acts this time around I doubt there will be half as much next year.

I saw people like Rihannah, Em, Example, Chase & Status and they were all great, but some of the people that follow this type of music are dick heads, was to be slightly expected but still no excuse.

More bands next year please.

Didn't have a problem in our Campsite (Weston Gold) but definitely some arses around the crowds! Way too many kids as well.

Out of interest...I've noticed a few people saying 'there'll be less pop & more bands next year so there wont be as many idiots'..Has there been an early announcement or something? Just that given R&L tickets struggled to sell this year, same with Download yet V tickets absolutely flew I'd assume they'll stick with the proven business model as opposed to moving back to the rock/indie mould which is now a much more crowded market?

Out of interest...I've noticed a few people saying 'there'll be less pop & more bands next year so there wont be as many idiots'..Has there been an early announcement or something? Just that given R&L tickets struggled to sell this year, same with Download yet V tickets absolutely flew I'd assume they'll stick with the proven business model as opposed to moving back to the rock/indie mould which is now a much more crowded market?

This is the first year in 6 that I haven't gone to V, and from this thread I'm pretty glad I didn't! I reckon V is only going to get worse. They have realised that mainstream pop is a big attraction at festivals now, and I think they will stick with that. I'll stick with Reading and the Big Chill, much better acts and not so many idiots.

I've been going for 5 years now (Chelmsford) and I agree that there were lots of school trips, sorry I mean young kids....or is it cos I'm getting older:) I saw a few fights, all kids with too much lemonade, bit of sunshine, pay all that money and want to kick the crap out of each other...what is all that about?? The girls were just as bad as the blokes. Some were in such a state that they were probably left by their 'mates' and were a heap on the floor...not my idea of a good time. Also what is it with throwing piss?? I saw a bloke in his late 20s piss in a cup in front of me then chucked it...what a twat, so although alot of the kids do get the grief some of the older ones are worse.

There seemed to be double the amount of people on Sunday due to Eminem, I saw him for 4 songs I thought he was crap and over rated.....Calvin Harris was sooooo much better:) but hey each to their own:) I went to the Union tent, or whatever it was called lol...and saw a couple of bands I've never heard of and was pleasantly impressed that I would go to that tent more often, but as always its as and when who is on and what you want to see:)

Absolutely gutted to say this but I will NEVER go to V again after this weekend. It was awful. The amount of stupid little pr*cks that I saw was gob smacking. Fights all in the campsites, girl next to us had two lads jump on top of her tent and destroy it while she was still inside, they just ran off and laughed!! Everyone camped around her just laughed at her as well I honestly couldn't believe it and let her sleep in our tent for the weekend, I felt so sorry for her. There were idiots starting fires in the campsites, people pushing portaloos over with people inside them. One guy in the arena was passed out on the floor and someone went up to him and full on booted him in the head and then ran off. We went home Sunday day because I just couldn't stand being there any more!!

Personally i had a really good festival(Weston) Mainly 'cause i wasn't camping by the sounds of it. But also because i didn't spend any time at the Main stage or 4 music stage the whole weekend - except maybe just for having a wander round.

Pretty much spent all of Saturday in the Undercover tent, saw some really good acts and for the most part the crowds were small(except for Hard-Fi) and were there for nothing more than to enjoy the music. And again on Sunday the only two acts i made the decision to see away from the Undercover were The Good Natured in the Strongbow tent(not sure why they put bands on in there):huh: and Katy B in the Arena.