Will Pearl Jam ever play Glasto

Guest swede

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pearl Jam fans are fairly hardcore aren't they? I have Ten and Vitalogy but thats it. Haven't listened to them in ages and never considered Pearl Jam to be "up there".

What am I missing here? Any songs that I should be listening to. Not Alive, Jeremy or Even Flow or anything, I mean under appreciated album tracks, B Sides, rarities etc that you would recommend?

Cheers :)

Edited by Ed209

eddie vedder must be one of the most chilled out guys in rock now. he released a bloody ukulele album for christ sake.

anyone who thinks they're too heavy for glastonbury is either uneducated, or a bellend.

the bellends are those who think that possible deaths are an irrelevance to the choice of bookings.

Only when you're ready to take on that possible consequence yourself are you in the position to criticise others who actually take on that possible consequence but avoid the bookings with the biggest risk.

well i wish i could afford to go to PJ20 but as ive just won tickets for this http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/events/rhcp/ :D:D

im bloody happy as a bloke with 2 birds :rolleyes::rolleyes: opps got over excited :lol::D:lol::D

sorry lady's

BLADE old son eat your heart out :P:lol:

Edited by guypjfreak

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Arguably a quite short tour this year, had been amazing to see them at Glastonbury, will see them this summar as well but as mentioned they're outstanding live.

http://forums.pearlj...hp?f=5&t=119403

3 Years old tho, but

When I was at the VIP barbecue at Reading Festival in 2008, Melvin Benn told me that Glastonbury's bookers had been trying to get them to play, but that they had declined. I think they have been persuaded by a combination of curiosity and U2.

Edited by Bloc

Maybe as other stage headline?

But no doubt they could head pyramid if they got the chance; most popular band from U.S last decades, great live, no scandals, solid values, humble, not greedy and so on.

Edited by Ovechkin

No chance they'd be anything less than headliners. ME wouldn't risk having them on a smaller stage, they're probably one of the bands he's most scared of playing after Roskilde and he openly said that's one of the reasons very little heavy music has been booked. The Other doesn't even have a surge barrier.

Edited by Ovechkin

Meh that incident was just several unfortunate events rather than their music imo (or who it attract), They repeatedly told the mass to relax and when Vedder realised what happened he went into tears. I really hope Eavis won't hold that against them.

Edited by Dan R

• 3 weeks later...

they did play festis after RK but only smaller festis because of wot happened and the safety of the fans but i don't think it was just the barriers cos no festis in the uk have put them up not like the ones that Europe has ..

anyway there playing over here next week at the IOW but im only going to manchester so im gutted so if your going to the IOW have a good one old sons

• 2 weeks later...

the bellends are those who think that possible deaths are an irrelevance to the choice of bookings.

Only when you're ready to take on that possible consequence yourself are you in the position to criticise others who actually take on that possible consequence but avoid the bookings with the biggest risk.

This is borderline idiotic, roskilde had nothing to do with pearl jam , just poor festival security and barriers. Pearl jam just happened to be the band playing at the time.

Radiohead as much as I like them must never be booked again then? Their lighting rig is lethal.

Eavis likes the $ too much so the pyramid will be dominated by tragic has beens like u2 and current pop cash ins. The good stuff at glasto is elsewhere.

Oh and remember the love parade where people died recently.... Some of those acts have been at Glastonbury since.....

and you say I'm borderline idiotic, by you taking a single quote of mine out if its context, and then replying with irrelevances? :lol:

What I think doesn't matter. What Eavis thinks does, because he's the guy who is taking on the risks. And he's said how he sees it.

When you're man enough to take on those risks yourself, you're in the position to criticise those who won't.