Review 2011 - from an old fart

Guest blackcapsteve

Just home.. loved it! I had a feeling that there seemed to be less people there than last year, but I left it until Saturday to buy a programme, only to find they had sold out. This was really my only down spot of the weekend. The whole thing seemed better than last year. There was a better mix of music styles, The great thing about this festival is the people. There is an incredible mix, which I love. All types just rub shoulders, and get on well together. People who used to scare me a bit before I came here, are now people with whom I have had some really good chats. I tend to wander back to my tent when it gets dark, because it becomes a bit like a scene from Blade Runner, and I am just an old fart in his fifties. The security is fantastic and it all feels very safe. I witnessed a couple of very minor incidents, all handled with the minimum of fuss. A masseuse in the healing area had her massage advert board taken in the night (not theft, but high spirits) and guess what.. security went looking for it, found it, and brought it back. This is a gem of a festival. Thanks once again to the organisers.

Just home.. loved it! I had a feeling that there seemed to be less people there than last year, but I left it until Saturday to buy a programme, only to find they had sold out. This was really my only down spot of the weekend. The whole thing seemed better than last year. There was a better mix of music styles, The great thing about this festival is the people. There is an incredible mix, which I love. All types just rub shoulders, and get on well together. People who used to scare me a bit before I came here, are now people with whom I have had some really good chats. I tend to wander back to my tent when it gets dark, because it becomes a bit like a scene from Blade Runner, and I am just an old fart in his fifties. The security is fantastic and it all feels very safe. I witnessed a couple of very minor incidents, all handled with the minimum of fuss. A masseuse in the healing area had her massage advert board taken in the night (not theft, but high spirits) and guess what.. security went looking for it, found it, and brought it back. This is a gem of a festival. Thanks once again to the organisers.

This was our 3rd year running,and once again we weren't let down. Met lots more lovely people(and they're children).

Big thanks to all the bands,volunteers,and the people who put it all together.

See you all again next year

I had an amazing time.

The good: Loved the cheery friendliness of folk. The comedy line up was great. Too much good music to mention (except to cheer NMA, Random Hand and Poze), but I enjoyed the variety, and the early start. It really kicks off each day at 10am, and the music and dancing doesn't stop all day. There was a decent choice of yummy foods, good job too as I didn't have time to cook as I was too busy tearing around stages. The size is just perfect, so easy to wander round and get pulled towards whatever tunes take your fancy. Litterbugs were everywhere, but the litterpickers kept it looking great. Even the security seemed human this year. Oh, and nearly forgot to mention the stalls ... The china smashing stall, and the free makeover for 'ladies' :)

The bad: Saturday and Sunday the Cheddar Valley was all gone by 5pm, which made me sad.

The ugly: I was looking forward to seeing zodiac mindwarp, but a 40something year old man singing about wanting to f**k a schoolgirl, and other unmentionables was disturbing.

One question, what happened to the composting loos? I'm sure the website said we'd find them in the area, but I found none. I do hate the plastic turdis.

Might be a bit biased but so much was positive, little not. Music wise I was worried that is seemed less reggae but it was not the case and satisfied all round! big love to all DUBMATIX be the show fer me.

I had an amazing time.

The good: Loved the cheery friendliness of folk. The comedy line up was great. Too much good music to mention (except to cheer NMA, Random Hand and Poze), but I enjoyed the variety, and the early start. It really kicks off each day at 10am, and the music and dancing doesn't stop all day. There was a decent choice of yummy foods, good job too as I didn't have time to cook as I was too busy tearing around stages. The size is just perfect, so easy to wander round and get pulled towards whatever tunes take your fancy. Litterbugs were everywhere, but the litterpickers kept it looking great. Even the security seemed human this year. Oh, and nearly forgot to mention the stalls ... The china smashing stall, and the free makeover for 'ladies' :)

Hi Flounder

My fifth Endoresit, and still my favourite festival.

Pluses: great lineup, as usual. Beforehand, I thought it might be a bit too heavy on the punk - and I speak as an old punk - but I couldn't have been more wrong. Plenty of old favourites, and plenty of new & interesting bands - just right.

Despite cheddar valley running out, good beer & cider availabilty throughout the weekend. Much better than last year, when I think a number of bars didn't have any at opening time.

Security presence seemed about right, although to be fair we were a bunch of middle aged fellas, so not likely to attract too much negative attention.

Negative: one of the things we always enjoy is having the room to spread out in the family / quiet camping area - a lot more than most other festivals. Fair enough, the late calving meant that there wasn't so much room this year, which is no-one's fault - but it still felt a lot more cramped, busy and noisy than usual. Partly, I think this was because there were several groups of youngsters on day tickets, who spent most of the day and night sitting around their tents getting off their faces, with some never even venturing into the festival site. I realise as I write this how middle aged I'm sounding, and I'd never begrudge kids having a good first festival experience, but it did feel there was a slightly different vibe this year. Maybe a few too many day tickets this year? Small grumble aside, I absolutley love this festival, and can't wait to next year. Keep up the good work!

What Onlyasking said, all of it, we had our third and best time this year, loved it. Please don't change a thing!!!

Also, Onlyasking, I'm a Londoner and what you said about the darkness made me cry, it was good to be in a field with you and everyone else instead of my mad, lovely, ugly city.

Thanks to EVERYONE and see you next year, and the next, and next, and next...

• 2 months later...