Future of the festival?

Guest Niblet

Oh well, my 6 year consecutive run comes to an end. Much as I love Summer Sundae, it now clashes with the Green Man Festival and there really is no competition on the basis of the line ups over the last few years . I'll really miss the friendliness, great undercard and location - I won't miss headliners such as f**king Mcfly and the associated p*ssed up 15 year olds. Maybe next time:(.

I really hope that going up against the V Festival (relatively) just down the road works out okay as well.

After 10 SSWs, this year I'm holding back on an earlybird. The initial signs are that it looks to be heading deeper into the teen arena, with the announcement of a cheaper 14-17 year old ticket. The line-up will surely follow on that route.

I'd personally question the potential success of cheaper teen tickets. A switched on group of 15 year olds will buy 1 adult ticket and 3 14-17 tickets, split 4 ways at £68.75 each. This gives the 'adult' a different coloured wristband, so they can get the beers in without being challenged!

This is a strategy I expect will backfire spectacularly, while alienating real adults further.

We'll see ......

In response to Lee. Hope that we are in a position to announce the first acts late February/Early March. And I believe those announcements will assure you that we are not going "deeper into the teen arena". Whilst the eclectic mix of 2010 worked (sold out), last year's experiment with M***Y did not. We're going to keep to eclectic.

Regarding the new "teen" ticket: we've responded to a number of adult/parent requests on this, as well as 17 year olds . Other festivals offer a similar ticket, which makes it cheaper for a family with a 16 or 17 olds. £60 is still a significant amount of money for somebody most likely at school or college or other.

That's re-assuring news Rob. Looking at past line-ups this has always been a festival that's made bold decisions on headliners, and a return to it's core strengths can only be welcomed.

Based on what you've said - and now I'm over my grumpy mood - I'm back in the market for an earlybird!

By the way, any chance of booking Josh T Pearson?

Phew , what a relief 'eclectic mix' I like it, 2012 was in danger of becoming the end of my 'been to everyone' run . I will return for Summer sundae 2012, earlybird ticket purchased.

Heres my request list, firstly from CODA agency, who haven't appeared at SS :- Beirut, Dawes, Caitlin rose, Cashier No.9, Fanfarlo, Killing Joke, Sufjan Stevens, The Acorn, The Vaccines, GAYNGS.

Bring back 'Other Lives' from last year, fantastic. Plus...Laura Marling, Johnathan Wilson, Gillian welch, Hiss golden Messenger, The Decemberists, White Denim.

Finally, I'll tell you what I want what i realy really want EELS , MY MORNING JACKET, PJ HARVEY and WILCO. OK I'm pushing it with that last lot.

Thank god SS12 clashes with the 'V Festival'!

Good luck to the organisers for 2012, its still a great festival after all these years....just got over Morcheeba from the first one, urrgghhhh