Bella Pics

Guest inverness GiGs

I can't but help that there has been an awful lot less discussion on this forum than there has been in previous years, it is a bit of a shame but at the same time there was an awful lot of extreme negativity which I am glad has not been prevalent this time.

Anyway I bring goodies some photos of belladrum taken today are here,I am so looking forward to this year....

We made it out early Sunday morning of the green zone, complete with wet socks, wet tents and happy souls.

Had a total ball, despite the hour and a half queue in the rain on Thursday afternoon to get in. In fact, after an hour, the kids asked if we could come again next year- bit of a curveball...

Anyway, the two days were superb. Highlights for us- The Phantom Band, Admiral Fallow and then Kid Canaveral on the Friday night- each were totally brilliant, with Admiral Fallow shading it from KC and that only because Louis came down to sell t-shirts at the side and he signed two of my daughters' t-shirts, making their day. Hoodja were excellent, CW Stoneking sublime, Dry the River a delightful surprise, We Were Promised Jetpacks raucously brilliant and we finished with Roddy Woomble instead of Deacon Blue or Kassidy, and he was totally brilliant, backed by some very accomplished musicians.

The rain didn't come into it. It was brilliant.

Only one minor complaint- the "family" zone seemed to have more than its fair share of youngsters intent on heavily drinking all day long and the pile of cans etc by their tents was terrifying. Didn't spoil the weekend, though, especially after the guard told them to be quieter on Thursday night, which they did.

*edit* Forgot to mention the excellent Frank Turner too. The "won't sit down" ending was great.

Edited by Floplexter