The Glasto scorecard 2011

Guest budvar

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without wishing to offend anyone, I think it's safe to say that this board is largely populated by saddos (I'm certainly one)

I think it's highly unlikely that either of those acts will come out on top (there will always be a certain number of people who watch, but don't like/enjoy the big acts)

My guess would have been Pulp, but it looks like they might have some competition... Either way, hopefully, it will be a fair refelction of what people thought of what they saw.

We're up to around 130 responses. I'd like to get past 200 to feel that we've got a decent sample (we could have got more if I'd put it up sooner)

Just finished - too right all those people who said that it just makes you realise what you missed! I scored everything that I saw at least a part of - Beyonce getting a well deserved nil points for not actually bothering to sing her own songs (well, choruses at least - I left after two songs because I value my ears and if I wanted table top dancing, I'd go to Peppermint Elephant's), but several tens from me because they were everything I could have hoped they would be; that'd be Pulp, Stornoway (haven't seen enough people discussing how utterly brilliant they were - and funny too!), Kool & The Gang. There may have been another but I can't remember it now! Doh!

Now waiting with anticipation for the results - bet it's been hijacked by the Radiohead fanboys!

Just finished - too right all those people who said that it just makes you realise what you missed! I scored everything that I saw at least a part of - Beyonce getting a well deserved nil points for not actually bothering to sing her own songs (well, choruses at least - I left after two songs because I value my ears and if I wanted table top dancing, I'd go to Peppermint Elephant's), but several tens from me because they were everything I could have hoped they would be; that'd be Pulp, Stornoway (haven't seen enough people discussing how utterly brilliant they were - and funny too!), Kool & The Gang. There may have been another but I can't remember it now! Doh!

Now waiting with anticipation for the results - bet it's been hijacked by the Radiohead fanboys!

10's from me for Imelda May, Hurts and Yuck ........Sparrow on the introducing stage may have got a 10 if it was on. Biggest let down Paul Simon.

Loved the festival though, as with everyone missed someone I wanted to see and saw someone I didn't expect - and particularly with Hurts was very impressed. :)

several tens from me because they were everything I could have hoped they would be; that'd be Pulp, Stornoway (haven't seen enough people discussing how utterly brilliant they were - and funny too!)

YAY just done mine, thanks for doing this again, can't wait to see results.

Like everyone has already said, just WOW at the acts I actually missed. For the acts I saw mostly 8s, two 10s, few 9s and a couple of 6s and below but not many which is pleasing.

I am really interested in seeing what people give Ok Go, one of my favs acts of the weekend and I wasnt massive fan before!

Did they get a really bad turnout then?

I've seen them 3 times and really think they are terrible live. Was surprised they got a headline slot, but suppose the hype was still from previously.

I am a huge fan of your honesty! As much as I want to be cool and hip, I don't really like anything since OK Computer. The Bends is still in my top ten albums ever. Any chance that they've reached the point where the radical and different thing to do would be to make an album full of melodic songs yet? I doubt it, but I'll bet they've got some great indie-pop left up their sleeves for if they get bored!