"Exclusivity"

Guest iPaulo xD

I'm 26, would never wear skinny jeans and have not been to Download festival (yet)

But I'm looking forward to seeing MCR and even 30STM before them. Am also looking forward to The Strokes, Pulp, Elbow and Muse so not sure how that fits in to 'MCR are just for 12 year olds in skinny jeans' demographic either laugh.gif

Haha so Downloads core demographic is 12 year olds in skinny jeans? And tbh i quite like MCR, and i'm certainly not 12, and have never worn a pair of skinny jeans in my life, but you are obviously not so keen so just don't watch them.

Edited by Mega Ross

I certainly think the 12 year old skinny jeaners would fit in better at download. Even if their demographic is mainly metal fans.

Seeing as bands like MCR evolved from the metal genre.

When MCR first came out, their fans were all young angsty teenagers crying and pretending to self harm. Screaming "I'm not ok" when you f**king are you're just a pussy and need to man the f**k up.

Maybe since radio 1 seemed to play their 2 hits constantly, god knows why they'd use that horrific torture method on us, more people "liked" them.

MCR? Interesting? Do me a favour, all their songs sound the same and they're all pretentious tosh about nothing.

Bands like foo fighters and greenday are established for a reason, I mean yeah greenday got shit when they made american idiot but their music has evolved through the years, it's worth listening to.

I certainly think the 12 year old skinny jeaners would fit in better at download. Even if their demographic is mainly metal fans.

When MCR first came out, their fans were all young angsty teenagers crying and pretending to self harm. Screaming "I'm not ok" when you f**king are you're just a pussy and need to man the f**k up.

Maybe since radio 1 seemed to play their 2 hits constantly, god knows why they'd use that horrific torture method on us, more people "liked" them.

MCR? Interesting? Do me a favour, all their songs sound the same and they're all pretentious tosh about nothing.

Bands like foo fighters and greenday are established for a reason, I mean yeah greenday got shit when they made american idiot but their music has evolved through the years, it's worth listening to.

i am not a massive follower of MCR but this latest album is actually pretty decent. I know that manybe there still not "big " enough to headline compared to other bands which have been mentioned, but they are quite a large talked about band.. to which everyone clearly has an opinion on. But i think many people that seem to really dislike the band are basing it on the fact that MCR originally were a emo band and there songs were all very sort of depressing style. But this new album is totally different.. and personally i would never have really listened to other albums but this new style in this new album has won me over and tbh i am quite looking forward to seeing them.

And i think people are feeling a bit let down by the headliners as they have a selected audience on a whole (obv not everyone) .. as IMO i cant stand the strokes but thats my opinion... and one band from the lineup... but i dont feel let down completetly by that... simple solution. go see someone else!

Edited by davedavedave