Biggest/best // smallest/worst crowd

Guest Ddiamondd

Just wondering who was heavily or sparsely attended, who whipped up a storm, who didn't etc. Always good to know.

I heard Jessie J and Mumford got monster crowds over on the Other - from the amount I saw there (camped in Oxylers so passed it a fair bit) Jimmy Eat World pulled out a really enthusiastic crowd but the prize has to go to Kaiser Chiefs. However unfashionable it may be to say it, when they bring out the hits it's hard not to grin and sing along, and the crowd stretched right back to the path for them, and were going nuts.

Paul Simon had the interesting mix of probably 70k+ watching, but they were largely disinterested (bar a few numbers he just didn't click that afternoon I felt, shame). The Wu had to work hard to get people into it but they had a BIG turnout for a rainy 3pm slot.

Janelle Monaé held the biggest throng over at West Holts (from what I saw), and people were giving her the biggest reception perhaps all weekend. Omar Souleyman had people going wild dancing too.

Glasvegas apparently got small numbers.

Obviously Pulp killed it and broke records, no surprise there though.

What did you all find out?

Edited by Ddiamondd

I saw the Band of Holy Joy at Club Dada on Saturday 3pm. A truly great band, I love 'em, been into them for 21 years (first saw them at Reading Festival 1990)

There were 17 other people in the whole place. Man, that ain't disappointing, that ain't a shame, that ain't even a travesty. It's a f**king crime.

couldnt get in the tent for beardyman and we had to move really far back to get any dancing room for the chemical brothers! big crowds but theres a good reason why!

beardyman's fesival stock has risen hugely in the last few years, at bestival 10 rockness 11 and glasto 11 he has drawn a full tent the same size as dance east if not bigger!

It's crazy that The Coral didn't have as big of a crowd as they should've done. They were fantastic.

One tip for the John Peel stage is to head to the right hand side it's always at least as half as busy as the left hand side of it. We got to The Coral with about 10 mins to spare and got about 10 rows back.

• 8 years later...

Honestly the best crowd ever was Lana Del Rey at Latitude 2019. The performance was pretty good but nothing special but because she was almost an hour late to the stage we were all just talking to each other and screaming her name and then when she came on it just went mental. I was on barrier so I have no idea how many people were there but it seemed like everyone.