2013 Headliners

Guest shangri-la_steward

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'd love to see some of these: Prince, Elton John, Bob Dylan, Foo Fighters, Rolling Stones, Eminem, Madonna.

I see Arcade Fire's name being bandied around a lot - I can't see them as anything more than a middle of the line up - am I missing something? OK they have good tunes but there are not exactly massive in the U2 Coldplay style are they. It would surely have to be a BIG leap forwards for them.

i'd love to see some of these: Prince, Elton John, Bob Dylan, Foo Fighters, Rolling Stones, Eminem, Madonna.

I see Arcade Fire's name being bandied around a lot - I can't see them as anything more than a middle of the line up - am I missing something? OK they have good tunes but there are not exactly massive in the U2 Coldplay style are they. It would surely have to be a BIG leap forwards for them.

Yeah as has been said on another thread arcade fire have won the Grammy for album of the year, headlined Leeds and reading, benicassim and other big European festivals, played Hyde park and O2 arena gigs. Can't think of many acts around that can claim these things wihtout being a worthy pyramid headliner...only argument is whether they are mainstream enough judging by what was on the pyramid this year. If davis has any sense (and he generally seems to) then they'd be great booking. I think having someone like gaga on one of the other nights would balance the line-up quite well...

Arcade Fire, Lady GaGa, Radiohead/Pulp

I don't think they'll top this years headliners for purely musically massive acts but then I'll go somewhere else if not my cup of tea.

I'd have thought we'll maybe see The Prodigy back to do the Sunday night other stage headliner.

I can't see Arcade taking less than headline by then and GaGa is almost thought to be pretty much going to happen.

Radiohead/Pulp - one must surely happen as it's the same process every year.

Ideally I'd like a Radiohead/The Prodigy last night clash.

Bjork has a new one out this year, might be up for it in 2013 after a years touring.

I doubt Radiohead , they will have been touring TKOL during 2012 and will not doubt be on another break.

I think possibly Elbow might be due a shout.

A lot can happen in two years.

What's with the big thing about Pulp? Unless I've missed something, they've got no new material from the last decade...maybe it's just me that doesn't get it. :unsure:

Foo Fighters be great I think, the one thing Glastonbury lacks is great rock music!

No I watched The Streets, but I'm sure you know what I mean, "rock" acts seem few and far between at Glastonbury these days....aside from QOTSA and Biffy this year I can't think of any others.

Looking back at old line ups Deftones, Foo Fighters, RATM + other more rock bands have all played!