2013 Headliners

Guest shangri-la_steward

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have any money to put on it but I'll put my shout out for David Bowie now. :wacko:

Would also like

Bjork

Kraftwerk

Boards of Canada

Some sort of opera singer like Pavarotti

CArter USM (they are working on new stuff)

Edited by hedgepeg

David Bowie in 2000 was the single greatest thing in existence. Yes please again in 2013. Can't see it though.

2013 is quite a tough shout - anyone who's touring even this summer could be due another album by then. I'll go Elbow and Arcade Fire, just cos I felt either should have headlined this year.

Pulp would be a dream, but unless they change their minds and record another album, it's not happening. Maybe they have based on Jarvis' comments at the Park gig?

I expect another female headliner. Possibly Gaga but probably Florence + the Machine.

The Rolling Stones keep getting rumored year after year and they keep delaying that final tour, but can't keep that up forever because they are getting older and older. I imagine it's probably 2013 or never for them.

It seems like Radiohead will finally tour again next year, but there's no Glastonbury. Will they conclude the tour at Glastonbury? Hopefully, but I doubt it.

I'd expect something along the lines of

Friday: Kasabian w/biffy OR Foos

Saturday: Gaga

Sunday: Arcade Fire/David Bowie

With candidates for the other stage being, The Libertines, Bloc Party, Daft Punk, Arctic Monkeys?

With a frank turner headliner on the John peel hopefully :)

I was thinking about this too

I reckon that if they're already sorted then Arcade Fire (who may have another album by then) and perhaps Radiohead might turn up and do a proper full set (they're pretty much Glastonbury's favourite band so I don't think people would mind it being the 3rd festival in a row, sort of). I think the last headliner will either be a pop, hip-hop or rap act (because they still face critisism for being a 'white boy's festival') or a legend ie. Bowie.

To the person who said Boards of Canada, just think how incredible a late night (long) set at the Park would be with the dim lights and their quite spooky music and oh my goodness...

and Bjork! come to Glastonbury again, you wonderful Icelandic nutjob!

I thought Pulp could be in with a shout after a. how well they went down, b. Jarvis saying it would be good do do a fifth, and c. didn't they do a new song (or was that someone else?). And watching Beyonce, I did think Lady Gaga could be a pretty great headliner in a couple of years. And someone like Arcade Fire would be great.