For those not there...

Guest metallimuse

too many music 'snobs' commenting here....its a festival of performing arts, not a music festival.

i will state quite clearly, beyonce is not my cup of tea, but there were plenty watching & they weren't forced to be there.

if you were watching on TV it was quite simple....you should have either turned it over or pressed the red button....there were plenty of alternatives

too many music 'snobs' commenting here....its a festival of performing arts, not a music festival.

i will state quite clearly, beyonce is not my cup of tea, but there were plenty watching & they weren't forced to be there.

if you were watching on TV it was quite simple....you should have either turned it over or pressed the red button....there were plenty of alternatives

yeah, so i came in to mention the great time i had, despite being sat at home watching on tv and still find people moaning when they have a remote and more choice on what to watch than people actually at the festival?!

forget it. i'd rather stay happy.

The headline acts are what a lot of the outsiders first think of when viewing Glastonbury and thus attracts new people to want to come. Sad but true. So in 2013 expect a lot of girls ages 14-20 and a lot of middle aged people who enjoy middle of the road rock. Booking pop starts is not edgy or different, V has been doing it for years and we all know people's opinion of V on this board.

I'm pleasantly amazed that people criticising and gently mocking the Beyonce performance got peoples heckles up.

ONLY SAY NICE THINGS!!

Well, unfortunately, I chose to watch Beyonce because i thought she had the potential to smash it and I just think she pitched it wrong. I thought coming out to Crazy In Love was bold, I thought following it immediately with Single Ladies left her in a sticky place when it came to picking the tempo up again later in the show. It just slowed and pondered for the majority of the show and picked up slightly, but not to the level of pomp and showmanship that she came out with, towards the end. The lull was too long and was punctuated with cover versions because she was trying to shoe horn in too many tracks from her new, and universally panned album.

If they are going to book 'non-traditional' acts to headline, then I think they need to be held up to scrutiny. As a fan of Jay Z's performance the other year (if not his music in general) if you pitch it right then you can put different acts in these slots. In my opinion she fell short of the mark.

Now, the irony being that if I'd actually watched Coldplay on Saturday night and come on here to express a negative opinion, I'd have had less reaction. Coldplay, 3rd time headliner, who actually play instruments and stuff.

Anyway, Elbow are still far and away the best thing I saw on the TV over the weekend and absolutely wiped the floor with the Beyonce show. Let this not be mistaken for an insult, Elbow were just excellent.