Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I meant Radiohead for T in the Park :P I would've thought Killers for Isle of White as they just did T in 2009 right? Then the last headliner for T would be possibly Springsteen as he has no Scottish dates in his tour? Though Snow Patrol could be a good shout too.

Green Day I think would be more likely to do their own tour dates, however Billie Joe Armstrong did tweet about the Big 4 DVD last year saying he's love to be a part of a festival like that and they tend to just do a couple of odd EU festivals when they tour (like in 2010) so perhaps the Sonisphere tour will have them on most of the dates? That and the first week of December is when Sonisphere have announced their first lot of bands the past 2 years, which happens to be the same week Kerrang! has some Green Day related news....

Who would be the big 4 below them?

The Killers are out fo IOW too, Giddings has already said so. Springsteen's announced touring plans which pretty much rules him out of T too in Denmark and Switzerland that weekend.

Edited by jump

I'd hazard a guess and say he was talking more about having an event gig than a Big 4 type show. If it was a punk version of the Big 4 then it would probably be Green Day, Rancid and Offspring who did what the Big 4 did for metal in the 80's but for 90's punk in America at least. Also arguably NoFX, Pennywise, Bad Religion and Blink (who came later than the others) would be there too all of which are from California like the other 3 but the thing is The Big 4 term was kicked about for 2 decades before they actually played togther unlike Green Day and the others.

Don't want to get my hopes up too much but...

They have been playing a lot of small club shows in America recently and a few days ago it was announced a punk club in London will be celebrating 20 years of Kerplunk (Green Day's second album) in January and there will be 'special guests'.

Probably just wishful thinking but that would be amazing for me.