The days/stages/times thread

Guest Infinite Jest

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They played half and half new and old stuff - more guitar and less uke in the new songs for my money. They did Darren and encored with the Darren Hayman Wu-Tang Clan cover. The addition of a second guitarist has really bulked out their sound. BeforehandI would have said it didn't need it but it really worked. The new LPs called 'Europe' I think, following an eventful tour round it. Elizabeth wrote a diary/blog thing which is a great read (click http://allodarlin.com/ and page down to 24 March 2011) It really should be made into a film.

Quite happy really, no clashes (really old skool pen and ink for me). I'm just disappointed there is no alternative to Joanna Newsom on Sunday night. Don't really get her so will head into the woods in expectation of a surprise Low Anthem set or for a game of table tennis.

OK, quick clashguide knocked up. Feel free to print out or whatever you choose to do with it. Also, let me know if you can see any glaring errors.

Clicky

Got a few clashes that I'm going to have to work around:

Caitlin Rose vs Emanuel & The Fear

CYHSY vs Bo Ningen*

Lykke Li vs The Walkmen*

Allo Darlin' vs James Yorkston

Phosphorescent/Gruff Rhys vs Twin Shadow

Wild Beasts vs M Ward*

Fresh & Onlys vs Kathryn Calder

The Leisure Society vs Kurt Vile vs Lia Ices

Midlake vs Wild Nothing*

Brakes vs John Grant

*There's partial crossover on these, so opportunities to see both

The Leisure Society one is the biggest pisser, but Kurt Vile will probably get the nod, simply for the fact that LS will be seen twice elsewhere this year already.

You guys beat me with the clashfinders but may as well post it anyway :P Mine has the comedy stage too ;)

http:///s/eotr11/user=006oca.h9

The most annoying ones for me are Josh T. Pearson/Wild Nothing, The Fresh & Onlys/Willy Mason and M. Ward/The Black Angels. I guess all three will just depend on whether I'm in more of an alt. country mood or a spacey psychedelic one! Friday luckily looks pretty smooth though in terms of clashes.

Wow not one clash that I can't live with! :D All the people I really want to see are up against people I know will be popular but I'm not bothered about. I don't think this has ever happened before!

Bit peeved about the Sunday night though... Joanna Newsom or ummm....Joanna Newsom. Guess it'll be an early night or a wander in the woods then. A potentially disappointing end to the festival for me and a few others it seems :(

Many thanks for the clashfinders guys!

Overall I'm quite happy with that. They seem to have done well with the lack of significant overlaps between the two main stages for the majority of the time.

Worst clash for me is Allo Darlin v James Yorkston as they'd be two of my favourites of the whole festival but I've seen both a few times and as much as it will pain me to choose I'll likely see both again in the near future.

Josh Pearson vs Wild Nothing, Phosphorescent vs Twin Shadow and The Fall vs Beirut are the other tough ones for me but the release of the times has made me even more excited than before! Friday looks like so much fun, though perhaps lacking a bit towards the end of the evening. White Denim headlining the Big Top is a bit disappointing as they haven't done much for me so far.

Thanks EotR for such an awesome lineup! Roll on September