The days/stages/times thread

Guest Infinite Jest

Stage times here: http://www.endoftheroadfestival.com/stages-and-areas (no artists listed yet though).

Further to Shoebox's comments, the Big Top looks interesting on Sunday. On the other days, the last band finishes and then almost immediately there's another slot, which must be DJs (midnight to 2am). But on Sunday, Brakes headline and finish at 22.15, then there's nothing till midnight (then more DJs, I guess). Surely can't be a licensing issue, becaue Joanna Newsom goes till 11.59 on the main stage.

What's going on?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shoebox, they have listed them on their sites, I am guessing that the bands do know when they are on by now (may not be exactly right tho). An hoping to see Allo Darlin and Treefight for Sunlight on Sat, and will find out more if I can. Only kidding about JN, although I guess that it would be good for her if there wasn't too much background noise? Have you got your Leisure Soc tickets for the Barbican yet?

Okkervil River site just says 3rd Sept, but it looks like they are just coming over for EOTR, am hoping that means that they will be there for the weekend and we might get a secret set....i missed the woods one last time :(

Edited by perfectpassion

Yeah, I got Barbican tickets straight away. Could have sat anywhere, but felt that front was a bit "stalky", especially after the missus' close up photos of Christian at Hop Farm. She's denying it, but I suspect a secret crush! Anyway, went for front row of the the second tier of stalls, so about 6 rows back, centre stage.

I missed the woods set last time as well, didn't know about it until after the event (I was winning the pop quiz at the time though). In fact, I've only ever caught one woods set, that being The Wilderness Of Manitoba last year, and that was sheer luck than we ran across it.

I'm not sure what sort of set-up JN will have. I've seen her both completely solo, and with a small backing band. Even with the band, anything louder than a hushed silence from the crowd would have killed her set. Really looking forward to seeing her again.

Ha me too re the Woods, the only one we saw was um Moddi (I think)...I still haven't worked out what to do, maybe sit in the woods all day??? Think I might end up stalking OR at EoTR

The front seats are not the best anyway in the Barbican, its a better view a few rows back. We are just on the left about 8 rows back!

Also I didn't see JN at Green Man last year so no idea how the sound is going to be at a fest, inevitably there will be talkers at the back I would imagine.

I cannot be bothered to go through all the bands to see if they have posted up times

Did they play much new stuff the other night? I've just pre-ordered the "Darren" single and the title track is utterly wonderful. Really bodes well for the new album.

I loved them on the Thursday night last year. Had so much fun, but felt that their excursions the previous night hampered their Friday performance a little. Hope that the early-ish shift on the Saturday this year doesn't have an adverse effect.

Great band. Love 'em!

Did they play much new stuff the other night? I've just pre-ordered the "Darren" single and the title track is utterly wonderful. Really bodes well for the new album.

I loved them on the Thursday night last year. Had so much fun, but felt that their excursions the previous night hampered their Friday performance a little. Hope that the early-ish shift on the Saturday this year doesn't have an adverse effect.

Great band. Love 'em!