The days/stages/times thread

Guest Infinite Jest

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So on Sunday there's an hour and a half between the penultimate act and the headliner? Really? Holy cow, that's a long old wait if you've committed yourself to a crowd position. My bladder will never manage that! I can foresee a lot of 'excuse me!'s as slackbladders like me attempt to reclaim base camp alpha, centre stage 8-10 rows back!

However, I rather like the planning of finishing the Sunday Garden headliner and then a mad dash to the beginning of the Woods headliner on the Sunday.

Ben

So on Sunday there's an hour and a half between the penultimate act and the headliner? Really? Holy cow, that's a long old wait if you've committed yourself to a crowd position. My bladder will never manage that! I can foresee a lot of 'excuse me!'s as slackbladders like me attempt to reclaim base camp alpha, centre stage 8-10 rows back!

However, I rather like the planning of finishing the Sunday Garden headliner and then a mad dash to the beginning of the Woods headliner on the Sunday.

Ben

Call me a.., well, whatever you like really...but the last two EotRs have been two of the best weekends of my life. And maybe I'm overreacting but I'm starting to get a bit of a bad feeling. New main stage, close to doubling of capacity, bigger gaps between acts - I'd love to think these things won't change the atmosphere but...

Call me a.., well, whatever you like really...but the last two EotRs have been two of the best weekends of my life. And maybe I'm overreacting but I'm starting to get a bit of a bad feeling. New main stage, close to doubling of capacity, bigger gaps between acts - I'd love to think these things won't change the atmosphere but...

Ben

So the local currating Friday in the TIPI means that these bands:

+ She Keeps Bees + Sam Amidon + Cambodian Space Project + Found + Skinny Lister + Sarabeth Tucek + Emanuel & The Fear + Rue Royale

Need to go in these slots:

20:45 - 21:45

19:30 - 20:15

18:15 - 19:00

17:00 - 17:45

15:45 - 16:30

14:45 - 15:15

13:45 - 14:15

12:45 - 13:15

Any preferences?

From looking at band Myspaces and websites:

Friday:

Beirut

The Walkmen

Lykke Li

Josh T. Pearson

Micah P. Hinson

She Keeps Bees

Sam Amidon

Cambodian Space Project

Found

Sarabeth Tucek

Skinny Lister

Emanuel & The Fear

Rue Royale

Plus a bunch of other bands which have Friday down on their website/Myspace but in most cases probably just as a default.

Saturday:

Mogwai

M. Ward

Gruff Rhys

The Unthanks (with a 10 piece band!)

Jolie Holland

Bob Log III

Dan Mangan

Daniel Martin Moore

Megafaun

Timber Timbre

Sunday:

Joanna Newsom

Midlake

John Grant

Willy Mason

Brakes (9pm Big Top)

Darren Hanlon (9:15pm Tipi - our first clash!)

Woods

Lanterns On The Lake

Doug Paisley

From looking at band Myspaces and websites:

Friday:

Beirut

The Walkmen

Lykke Li

Josh T. Pearson

Micah P. Hinson

She Keeps Bees

Sam Amidon

Cambodian Space Project

Found

Sarabeth Tucek

Skinny Lister

Emanuel & The Fear

Rue Royale

Plus a bunch of other bands which have Friday down on their website/Myspace but in most cases probably just as a default.

Saturday:

Mogwai

M. Ward

Gruff Rhys

The Unthanks (with a 10 piece band!)

Jolie Holland

Bob Log III

Dan Mangan

Daniel Martin Moore

Megafaun

Timber Timbre

Sunday:

Joanna Newsom

Midlake

John Grant

Willy Mason

Brakes (9pm Big Top)

Darren Hanlon (9:15pm Tipi - our first clash!)

Woods

Lanterns On The Lake

Doug Paisley

• 2 weeks later...

Just seen this on a Okkervil River article:

The Will Sheff-fronted Texan six-piece have also been announced as headliners on the Garden Stage at this year’s End Of the Road festival on 3rd September in Dorset.

So that's more concrete information. I might have to start constructing a clash guide!

I hope there isn't loads of clashes like this... one of the best bits of EOTR was being able to skip from act to act and see ALOT of people you want to see (Still needs convincing of the changes - although I'm sure I'll be won over within 10mins of being there)

Stage times here: http://www.endoftheroadfestival.com/stages-and-areas (no artists listed yet though).

Further to Shoebox's comments, the Big Top looks interesting on Sunday. On the other days, the last band finishes and then almost immediately there's another slot, which must be DJs (midnight to 2am). But on Sunday, Brakes headline and finish at 22.15, then there's nothing till midnight (then more DJs, I guess). Surely can't be a licensing issue, becaue Joanna Newsom goes till 11.59 on the main stage.

What's going on?