Stressssssed...

Guest Abster

Ok all was well, until today :(

There are 4 group of people going,,

Group 1 me

Group 2 Helen my friend and Helens sister and her friends

Group 3 Lucy and Jane who I made friends with last yr at another festival and stayed in touch

Group 4 Lucy and Jane's Friend Jo and her bloke and friends..

Ok hope you have kept up

Group 2 want to camp park home pennard hill area leaving at stupid o'clock to get there

Group 4 are planning to camp Hitchin hill by the fence

Group 3 want to be with group 1 and group 4

Group 1 wants to be with Groups 2 and 3

HELP!!!

All names have been change and no animals where harmed in the making of this post!!!

Edited by Abster

If you can convince group 1 and two to meet up with group 3 but not 4, then ask group 4 to meet up with group 1 first, then both join up with group 2 but not group 3, then get group three to meet up with group 1 and four but leave behind group 2 who can then meet up with groups 1, 3 and 4 you should all find yourselves camped with group 5 at Woodsies.

Ok?

seriously, going in big groups is the worst thing you can do. I'm sure many groups get on just fine and everything's tickety boo but trying to make big group decisions at the end of every band or pathway, don't even try. Knock it on the head now and tell everyone to do what they want or you'll wish you never went!

Hmm tricky situation! if that was me I would probably stick with group 2, with her being your friend and go camp with them etc. but arrange to meet up with group 3 while you're there.

At the end of the day, you can never please everyone so why try, just make sure you have an amazing time ;)

seriously, going in big groups is the worst thing you can do. I'm sure many groups get on just fine and everything's tickety boo but trying to make big group decisions at the end of every band or pathway, don't even try. Knock it on the head now and tell everyone to do what they want or you'll wish you never went!

It's a bit like one of those verbal reasoning questions that just turns your brain to mush.

Just do what you want to do, you won't enjoy it if you are concerned about your mates all the time.

Sit back, take a deep breath and relax. This time next week you will be watching the sun set in a field in Somerset.

i'm stressed but in a whole other way.

found out not only do i have 4 days to pack up all my stuff from my house at uni and take it home, i need to pack and buy everything for glasto in addition to packing up my whole life to move across the country for a years work placement. which happens to start tues 28th, the day after glasto.

so whereas i normally sleep for a week after to recover, i have to be up at 6am on the tuesday (getting back late on mon) to catch a 3 hour train and work 5 full days, long hours (i work in events) attempting to make a good impression in the inevitable state i will be in. great.

don't get me wrong i'm very happy to have secured a good work placement. but if it started the week after my life would be a whole lot easier!

oh and i was just stood up for the second time in 2 weeks by the same guy, who had persuaded me to give him a second chance. and said good bye many of my uni friends i won't see for a year. needless to say, not feeling great at the moment. thank god i will be at my favourite place in the world watching one of my favourate bands in the sunset this time next week!

sorry for the essay, think i needed to get it out!

forgot to say my main point, don't let it stress you out. if you can't persuade everyone to camp together, camp with who you're friends with most and you can always meet up with the others throughout the weekend.

don't let it stres you out - get excited instead!!

Why not just all camp where you want and then hook up at an agreed meeting point and spend your time together. Surely you'll only be spending snoozy time at your tents anyway so it's not that important where you camp, at least not important enough to get stressed over. :)

Unfortunately, when I find myself in a large group, I too tend to end up being an arranger rather than arrangee, but that fact notwithstanding, the best advice I can give for not getting stressed, is to say bollocks to it and let somebody else sort it out. :lol: