Things to do for couples!

Guest Taija

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm sure you'll find that whatever special moments you do share will be spontaneous and considered special in retrospect, as opposed to the two of you setting out to find something special and 'couple-y'. For example... Last year, me and my (now ex) girlfriend ended up leaving all of our group after they foolishly decided to watch Gorillaz and wandered up the Park together to see the XX. Pretty special it was. The Park area is beautiful of a night anyway, but cuddling together already feeling slightly spacey with all the wax candles and low stage lighting watching a perfectly suited performance onstage, just made it a really special evening. Now every time I hear an XX song, it of course reminds me of that. Now to spoil this daft romanticism by saying... Just f**king ruin each other every night when you get back to the tent as well. Have fun!

Edited by tylerdurden

I'm sure you'll find that whatever special moments you do share will be spontaneous and considered special in retrospect, as opposed to the two of you setting out to find something special and 'couple-y'. For example... Last year, me and my (now ex) girlfriend ended up leaving all of our group after they foolishly decided to watch Gorillaz and wandered up the Park together to see the XX. Pretty special it was. The Park area is beautiful of a night anyway, but cuddling together already feeling slightly spacey with all the wax candles and low stage lighting watching a perfectly suited performance onstage, just made it a really special evening. Now every time I hear an XX song, it of course reminds me of that. Now to spoil this daft romanticism by saying... Just f**king ruin each other every night when you get back to the tent as well. Have fun!

This is going to be my last Glasto after 25 years on and off. Also my wives first Glasto.

It is going to be a very different event this year as I will not be getting trashed and doing silly mad things.

What I am intending to do is just go with the flow and take it slowly so as not to wind up my other half. I will be taking food to cook each day and trying to avoid most of the crowds ( she would not appreciate me doing sheep sounds whilst stuck in a mega crush) and just trying to show her what the festival is about and why it has been so important in both our lives (it has shaped me as a person I guess)

She is not a massive music fan but I am thinking cabaret and circus tents, green fields and mucho cider bus action. Then early nights and plenty of sleep.

I had a brilliant time, if hot, last year so my final one will be a sedate and memorable one but at least I can say she has been. I will then pass the mantle over to my 17 year old daughter (who is just sooo excited about going again first time since she was 14) to uphold the Strudders tradition of tearing up Glasto and of course..... No sleep to Monday.

This is going to be my last Glasto after 25 years on and off. Also my wives first Glasto.

It is going to be a very different event this year as I will not be getting trashed and doing silly mad things.

What I am intending to do is just go with the flow and take it slowly so as not to wind up my other half. I will be taking food to cook each day and trying to avoid most of the crowds ( she would not appreciate me doing sheep sounds whilst stuck in a mega crush) and just trying to show her what the festival is about and why it has been so important in both our lives (it has shaped me as a person I guess)

She is not a massive music fan but I am thinking cabaret and circus tents, green fields and mucho cider bus action. Then early nights and plenty of sleep.

I had a brilliant time, if hot, last year so my final one will be a sedate and memorable one but at least I can say she has been. I will then pass the mantle over to my 17 year old daughter (who is just sooo excited about going again first time since she was 14) to uphold the Strudders tradition of tearing up Glasto and of course..... No sleep to Monday.

Serious point - be prepared so spend some time apart. If the girl wants to look at dresses and jewellery in the markets, split up for an hour. If the bloke wants to watch Battles, and the girl's going to find that boring, separate and meet up afterwards.

Apologies for the egregious gender stereotyping -- but you get what I mean.

Serious point - be prepared so spend some time apart. If the girl wants to look at dresses and jewellery in the markets, split up for an hour. If the bloke wants to watch Battles, and the girl's going to find that boring, separate and meet up afterwards.