Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest write-me-a-story

'Secret' Bars

Hi all, as I am on site from wednesday this year and didn't get around to it last year I want to try and find some of the more hidden areas of the site. Can anyone divuldge any advice where to look for 'secret' or specifically where they are :P

Cheers

Well, as they're secret, it's not fair to divulge exactly where they are. The Rabbit Hole is a well known secret, it's a bar in The Park, however there is a secret entrance in that bar to another bar, I believe you have to answer a riddle to enter.

There's also an underground piano bar which is in the dangerous sounding field near the Stone Circle.

There are a lot of 'unofficial' bars. Especially the nanovenues in Shangri-La, but also I've stumbled across one or two places in the Greenfields. However as has been posted elsewhere, the licensing authorities were not so happy with these (as they were not properly licensed) and there will allegedly be a clampdown this year. Some of the 'bars' were utterly blatant, others were more hidden or were discretely selling booze.

Of course, when Shangri-La is rammed at 02:00 in the morning, I suspect that the odds of a Mendip Licensing official getting through the crowds and identifying some discrete under-the-counter booze sales are slim.

I really want to find one this year. I didnt really look last year now and wish I did.