Morrissey

Charley333

So its decided then.

Steven Patrick Morrissey is to be now known, until after the festival anyway, as "Steve".

E.G. "Whos on before U2?"

"Steve".

Much like the way Neil Young and Bob Dylan nerds refer to them as "Neil" and "Bobby".

This! Shall I set up a new thread - Steve (who's excited?) :D

**IMPORTANT REMINDER**

The Queen is Dead by The Smiths is 25 years old this week.

U2 are marking 20 years since Achtung Baby with tracks fro the album/that period. Lets hope to God Steve does the same!!

"So I broke into the palace,

With a sponge and a rusty spanner"

This clip is f**king spine tingling.

Edited by The Nal
  • Upvote 1

**IMPORTANT REMINDER**

The Queen is Dead by The Smiths is 25 years old this week.

U2 are marking 20 years since Achtung Baby with tracks fro the album/that period. Lets hope to God Steve does the same!!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/gallery/2011/jun/13/smiths-queen-dead-25-pictures?/?picture=375550368&index=0 - Pictures to commemorate 25th anniversary...

Steve looks good in them... :D

Oh ........ Just had a daydream of Steve opening the gig with The Queen is Dead, sun setting behind the Pyramid, that Friday night energy, hundred thousand people in the field all up for it....

Imagine the cheer if the first thing that we hear are those drums.....

I may shit my pants.

Oh ........ Just had a daydream of Steve opening the gig with The Queen is Dead, sun setting behind the Pyramid, that Friday night energy, hundred thousand people in the field all up for it....

Imagine the cheer if the first thing that we hear are those drums.....

I may shit my pants.

That just sent a shiver down my spine!!!! :D Lights coming up from darkness on the stage, "STEVE" in neon behind him as it plays... Awesome! The crowd going wild "Steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeve!!!!!"

Edited by Charley333

That just sent a shiver down my spine!!!! :D Lights coming up from darkness on the stage, "STEVE" in neon behind him as it plays... Awesome!

That slightly dusky haze just sitting over the festival as it does every evening, a distant crackle of fireworks from fields afar, a sweet smell of weed entering your nostrils every few seconds, lights becoming prominent and shimmering throughout the site, the quarter moon dazzling in the early night sky and Steve punching the air as his drummer bangs out the start of The Queen is Dead and one hundred thousand people bellow out an ungodly roar of anarchistic approval......

I am so f**king ripped for this Glasto it should be made illegal.

Edited by The Nal

His performance was poor, he seemed out of it and clearly high stumbling on his words. As Glasto crowds do they reacted and many moved off. Morrisey got agitated and started calling the crowd ' A load of f****** Hippies' etc, the crowd jeered and eventually 2 security guys went on and took him off. We were standing jus to the west side of the camera tower.

I think you'll find he said, God Bless You Goodbye, at the end of his set. No swearing

I love this song... and Steve's performance here is just...

(totally confused the bf last night when said I was happy we'll see all of Steve's set next Friday :P )

Love in the comments someone asking if they should have it as their first dance at their wedding... *facepalm* Clearly not listening to the lyrics... :D

:D :D :D Can't wait!!!!! Steve is going to be epic! He's the only one I've been on about for months...

It was a massive and great surprise when he was announced. Seen him about 8 times before each time brilliant but never at my favourite place on earth - can't bloody wait either!