Morrissey

Charley333

Looking forward to seeing him, been a huge fan since 1992 and actually met him in 97, signed some stuff for me, really nice guy. Havent seen him play live for a while now due to work commitments etc just hope he plays some smiths stuff along with a mix from vauxhall and I, your arsenal and bona drag, be a giggle to hear dagenham dave aswell.

looking at some of the '04 reviews,seems he did a good performance,a few obscure b sides,and a couple of good classics,but was a bit mixed for a festival setlist. i know ide still be happy with it though.

HIs 2004 setlist:

Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice

Shakespeare's Sister

(The Smiths song)

How Can Anybody Possibly Know How I Feel?

Let Me Kiss You

I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday

The Headmaster Ritual

(The Smiths song)

Such A Little Thing Makes Such A Big Difference

There Is A Light That Never Goes Out

(The Smiths song)

First Of The Gang To Die

The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores

No One Can Hold A Candle To You

(Raymonde cover)

Subway Train / Everyday Is Like Sunday

Irish Blood, English Heart

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/morrissey/2009/coachella-festival-indio-ca-53d62fa9.html

his 2009 coachella setlist.

I think whatever he plays this time,there will be a few from the latest album,which is quite a heavy/heavier type album from moz,a more rock type of album,which will go down well i would think. And it be dream come true if johnny joined him for atleast 1 song!.

Guest blackcockerel

I don't remember him being taken off stage and I was fairly near the front. But he was poor, one of my heroes but because of that performance I won't ever get excited about seeing him again. Hopefully he'll prove me wrong

• Downvote 1

Was mostly a bit meh and then absolutely dreadful the last two times I saw him, back in 2006 - so I was planning on giving him a miss - changed my mind about 3 weeks ago, one of the acts I'm most excited about now!

His last album is pretty good n' all - so would be quite happy if he plays a fair bit off that, will certainly better than 10 f**king minutes of my life is a pigsty again....

Edited by Vacant0

I was there in 2004. I'm not the biggest fan but I do enjoy some of his stuff and had heard great things about him live, so was looking forward to it.

However:

It was dull, he seemed miserable and didn't seem to want to be there, after a while a lot of the crowd seemed to think the same. And before people say "oh, that's just Morrissey being Morrissey", it just wasn't very good, performance wise or musically.

Definitely not going to be there this year.

Edited by wolfticket

Never been a fan, but have changed my musical tastes dramatically over the years,so tried to give him a chance to win me over in 2004.

Failed 'miserably' :D

We were with a die hard morrissey fan who was so gutted at his hero's performance, that he packed up his tent and left straight after!

Will see some of him this year, and wish he would change my mind.

Can I ask.....is there ANY chance of him performing

'how soon is now?'?

Never been a fan, but have changed my musical tastes dramatically over the years,so tried to give him a chance to win me over in 2004.

Failed 'miserably' :D

We were with a die hard morrissey fan who was so gutted at his hero's performance, that he packed up his tent and left straight after!

Will see some of him this year, and wish he would change my mind.

That's horrible for your mate. To be fair, watching this he does seem just generally pissed off about something...

I don't remember him being taken off stage and I was fairly near the front. But he was poor, one of my heroes but because of that performance I won't ever get excited about seeing him again. Hopefully he'll prove me wrong

I've seen him over 20 times before and that Glasto performance was, undoubtedly, the worst performance I've seen him give. I'm sure he'll be better this time around. I think he's personally in a better place right now and that makes a massive difference to how he comes across. I just hope he can't smell meat cooking...!

Guest blackcockerel

I've seen him over 20 times before and that Glasto performance was, undoubtedly, the worst performance I've seen him give. I'm sure he'll be better this time around. I think he's personally in a better place right now and that makes a massive difference to how he comes across. I just hope he can't smell meat cooking...!

Hope you're right! He was great the previous time I saw him to be fair, I'm just worried he's not a fan of Glasto for some reason

I'm well excited! I've never seen him before. Neither has one of our group. He's a massive Morrissey fan and its his first glasto too. He's over the moon!

...Bet Morrissey's not though! (my tongue firmly in cheak)

He does! How Soon Is Now?, This Charming Man, Panic, There Is A Light That Never Goes Out, Bigmouth Strikes Again, Girlfriend In A Coma, Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before, A Rush And A Push And The Land Is Ours and William, It Was Really Nothing to name but a few have all featured in his setlists in recent years. It will be a very memorable gig!

Why, what was he saying/doing?

His performance was poor, he seemed out of it and clearly high stumbling on his words. As Glasto crowds do they reacted and many moved off. Morrisey got agitated and started calling the crowd ' A load of f****** Hippies' etc, the crowd jeered and eventually 2 security guys went on and took him off. We were standing jus to the west side of the camera tower.