Morrissey

Charley333

I couldn't get through the first few chapters of the Morrisey's autobiography because I kept singing each sentence in his style in my head. Couldn't take it seriously. Got to this bit about his grandmother praying for the apocalypse during a blackout and couldn't stop laughing. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Wooderson said:

Irish people can be the worst racists. I'd blame the parents. A mixed up twat.

I know exactly what you are saying. The hypocrisy of some Irish Roman Catholics is staggering. To go to church and pray in the knowledge that we are all God's children etc, and then to leave church and be racist is fucking mental. I've witnessed this at very close quarters.

2 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

Funny how common this is, isn't it?

It's easy to lend a greater weight to what he's like now because of his previous work, but ultimately he's no different to any other of the miserable old pricks you see on Facebook alternating between 'ARE MUSLIM BIRTH RATES TOO HIGH?' scare stories and <<SadFaceEmoji>> videos about abandoned doggos.

Even Hitler was a vegetarian. 

Great title for a song.

3 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I know exactly what you are saying. The hypocrisy of some Irish Roman Catholics is staggering. To go to church and pray in the knowledge that we are all God's children etc, and then to leave church and be racist is fucking mental. I've witnessed this at very close quarters.

Some so called "devout" Irish Catholics are amongst the most bigoted characters you would have the misfortune to meet. Fear-led flat earthers. Sad, really.

51 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Some so called "devout" Irish Catholics are amongst the most bigoted characters you would have the misfortune to meet. Fear-led flat earthers. 

I know. I have a lot of family that fall in to that bracket. However, there's absolutely no point in trying to educate them - stubborn isn't the word!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Wooderson said:

Some so called "devout" Irish Catholics are amongst the most bigoted characters you would have the misfortune to meet. Fear-led flat earthers. Sad, really.

Sadly that is often the case with other church goers I've met of all denominations 

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Check out the clowns who missed the recent debate and confirmation that Johnny Marr is a Wellend.

Johnny Marr was in a band that used synths and made electronic music. By its very nature that rules him out of being a Wellend.

4 hours ago, crocodiles said:

I read morrissey scandal and passion a few years ago . Don't remember it being a good read . I've got johnny marrs autobiography haven't got round to reading it yet but will do soon . 

The Johnny Marr book is absolutely amazing. The Morrissey book I got bored of within a few chapters and binned it, the Marr book I could not put down.

Mad thing is, when growing up we only had access to the printed music media. The NME, Melody Maker and so on were definitely pro Morrissey and anti Marr. He got the blame for splitting the Smiths up and was even get accusations chucked at him for New Orders apparent demise. Fair to say Marr was not my favourite pop star even though I loved Electronic. yet nothing could be further from the truth. Marr would be the guy you wanted to go for a pint with and its actually Morrissey who is a bell end. Not sure Peter Hook is too keen on Marr though.

5 hours ago, eastynh said:

The Johnny Marr book is absolutely amazing. The Morrissey book I got bored of within a few chapters and binned it, the Marr book I could not put down.

Mad thing is, when growing up we only had access to the printed music media. The NME, Melody Maker and so on were definitely pro Morrissey and anti Marr. He got the blame for splitting the Smiths up and was even get accusations chucked at him for New Orders apparent demise. Fair to say Marr was not my favourite pop star even though I loved Electronic. yet nothing could be further from the truth. Marr would be the guy you wanted to go for a pint with and its actually Morrissey who is a bell end. Not sure Peter Hook is too keen on Marr though.

Moz's book degenerates into a slog.  Haven't read Marr's though I am now interested to do so, thanks. I have read both Barney Sumner and Hooky's books - and I am pretty confident Hooky is - at best - a wally.

12 hours ago, crocodiles said:

I read morrissey scandal and passion a few years ago . Don't remember it being a good read . I've got johnny marrs autobiography haven't got round to reading it yet but will do soon . 

How soon is now? ;)

9 hours ago, eastynh said:

Totally agree having seen both solo since the demise of the smiths marr has grown in my view from a fantastic guitarist to just johnny fucking marr a cool cool bloke . While mozzer has degenerated into an arse as has hooky unfortunately 

Just now, Johndenis said:

Moz's book degenerates into a slog.  Haven't read Marr's though I am now interested to do so, thanks. I have read both Barney Sumner and Hooky's books - and I am pretty confident Hooky is - at best - a wally.

I've lost Morrissey's book - I think it's probably for the best.

Having read all the New Order, etc books: Hooky and Bernard both have big egos; Hooky stropped off, mainly due to Bernard's control-freakery, thinking they couldn't do without him; it turns out they could; Hooky started carrying on like dumped, bitter ex who can't let it go; the end.

Edited by Homer

On 5/9/2019 at 10:38 AM, mcshed said:

Any chance of Marr getting back with Andy and Mike and touring as the Not Racist Smiths or something.

This was rumoured on 6 Music the other day - with Liam Gallagher fronting the band!

Sounded more like a one off than a tour.

I shit you not.

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

As someone listening in I was baffled by how wholly uninteresting the interview was. 

You must be an early riser! I’ll listen again on Monday.

He’s usually a bit eccentric when he goes on there. Sounds like Hooky’s assessment of him being a fence-sitter night be right then.