Morrissey

Charley333

I sorted my mate out with tickets for the Nottingham gig last year and that was roughly £50 for standing tickets. Beyond me how a gig 18 months later when he has exactly the same status as he did then can cost nearly 50% more. He can get to fuck charging that.

Asked my missus to try for a ticket for me this morning. I said I'd pay up to 60 notes inc booking fees and even that sounded ridiculous. 71 quid is fucking appalling. Must admit I paid somebody 90 for a standing ticket at the Apollo on his 50th birthday but at least that felt special. 

4 minutes ago, elgatonegrofabricwardrobe said:

Asked my missus to try for a ticket for me this morning. I said I'd pay up to 60 notes inc booking fees and even that sounded ridiculous. 71 quid is fucking appalling. Must admit I paid somebody 90 for a standing ticket at the Apollo on his 50th birthday but at least that felt special. 

The problem is, it sold out at 71 quid in a heartbeat. While people continue to pay these prices, acts will continue to charge them. I don't see it getting any better.

• 10 months later...

Didn't get within sniffing distance last year, crowds were mad. But 2015, playing an early drizzly morning set to the die-hards, that was some stuff. Will try to be there for both sets this year. Any chance they can leave off Frankly Mr fucking Shankly and Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others in favour of much better Queen Is Dead era singles? I'm not having it that anybody would rather hear those rotters over Panic or Ask or Shoplifters.

I saw em in Williams Green on the Sunday back in 2015!, it was fab and so,was listening to em tune up as well.

Saw em in Leeds last year for Queen is Dead gigs then earlier this year in Wakey for Strangeways gigs.

They are fab and I think they should have open the Other Stage on the Friday .

Thurs will be rammed so,prob miss it but it's easy to catch em on the Sunday morning as everyone seems to forget they are on .

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
1 hour ago, The Nal said:

It's been pretty weird seeing Dave (yeah, first name terms, I've read his memoirs so we're basically buddies now) organise all of this over twitter alongside reading his book, seems like they were nearly friends at one point, I don't think he's taken to doing this lightly.

I used to really like him as a hugely interesting and individual musical force. Now he's just an abhorrent, insufferable man. 

I guess he always was, but I had been oblivious to, or ignored, that aspect of his character.

That he hasn't made a genuinely decent record since Maladjusted (yes, it is the last properly good Morrissey album, if showing signs of the weariness that began the spiraling diminishing returns thereafter...) makes it a lot easier for me. I'm confident that I'll never go to see the arsehole again.

And yet, Aston Villa Leisure Centre, Boxers Tour, 1995, might still be the best gig I've ever been to..

Yin and Yang, eh?

:)

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22