Morrissey

Charley333

I hope so.

Just in case he isn't I am going to Leeds and Glasgow on the March tour!

Strongly considering making a trip to one of his shows (From Manchester), have you been to either venues before and if so which is the better of the two to buy a ticket for do you reckon?

No, really can't see it happening given how poorly attended his 2011 slot was (Shame cos footage of that gig is amazing, one of my faves of his)

Would this be largely due to The Park Radiohead slot clashing though? I saw and loved his first couple of songs and then fucked off there. Biggest Glasto regret that.

Most of my friends who like Moz like Radiohead so makes sense to me that it would hurt his turnout.

Would this be largely due to The Park Radiohead slot clashing though? I saw and loved his first couple of songs and then fucked off there. Biggest Glasto regret that.

Most of my friends who like Moz like Radiohead so makes sense to me that it would hurt his turnout.

That and Mumfords starting on the other stage as he was finishing. Judging from the BBC aerial shots, his crowd was by far the lowest I've ever seen for a sub headliner, for that reason I just can't see him being asked back to play again (He was only ever a back up option for the slot in 2011 also)

• 1 month later...

Well, he was very, very good tonight. Anyone seeing him on this tour head down early for the pre-gig video, it's cool.

Fingers crossed he makes a pyramid appearance.

Fingers crossed he and the Eavii see sense and have him headline the other stage rather than subbing someone!

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

Well, he was very, very good tonight. Anyone seeing him on this tour head down early for the pre-gig video, it's cool.

Glad to hear it! I've got Leeds, Glasgow, Birmingham and Barcelona on this tour. How did the setlist seem to go down? Was a really mixed reception when I saw him play arenas in London and Dublin in December and I'm guessing it will be much the same this time. I don't think a World Peace... heavy set lends itself well to rooms that big.

Do you think there is a genuine chance? He's not

Been mentioned at all really, I was there in 2011 in a pretty poor crowd and would love to see him again

Glad to hear it! I've got Leeds, Glasgow, Birmingham and Barcelona on this tour. How did the setlist seem to go down? Was a really mixed reception when I saw him play arenas in London and Dublin in December and I'm guessing it will be much the same this time. I don't think a World Peace... heavy set lends itself well to rooms that big.

Enjoy :)

Yeah there were a few people who didn't know quite a lot of the songs & were moaning about the lack of 'hits' or 'Smiths songs' (some bloke behind me even claimed to be bored!!!) which was a bit annoying as some pre-gig research tells you he's going to be playing a new-stuff heavy setlist.

I had a look on the fan websites to see what the hardcore thought & they seemed to think it was a bit flat (it was my first time so I've got nothing to compare it to), which I kinda get, and maybe that is down to the new stuff not translating great to bigger venues, but his voice was on form and the band were great so musically it was top notch.

The 'angrier' stuff off World Peace worked well. Neal Cassady was great.

Meat Is Murder and Speedway were stunning. Couldn't believe what I was watching.

Edited by MattDavies__

Enjoy :)

Yeah there were a few people who didn't know quite a lot of the songs & were moaning about the lack of 'hits' or 'Smiths songs' (some bloke behind me even claimed to be bored!!!) which was a bit annoying as some pre-gig research tells you he's going to be playing a new-stuff heavy setlist.

I had a look on the fan websites to see what the hardcore thought & they seemed to think it was a bit flat (it was my first time so I've got nothing to compare it to), which I kinda get, and maybe that is down to the new stuff not translating great to bigger venues, but his voice was on form and the band were great so musically it was top notch.

The 'angrier' stuff off World Peace worked well. Neal Cassady was great.

Meat Is Murder and Speedway were stunning. Couldn't believe what I was watching.

I've seen him numerous times & whilst I wouldn't say last nights gig was flat at all it certainly wasn't the best setlist I've seen him deliver, but he looked a lot healthier than he did last year at the 02 & his voice was incredible.

In my humble opinion I'd like him to cut out about 3 or 4 of the filler tracks from 'World Peace' & play some more of his earlier solo stuff that hasn't had a look in for years: 'Certain People I Know', 'Maudlin Street' & 'Hairdresser on Fire' would be nice.

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

If someone has just brought out an album, especially in the modern climate where albums don't sell what they once did - I don't understand the logic in people who go to see said act and then moaning when the gig is new album heavy.

He is promoting that album.

There are people who just want to see "the hits". Fucking tough.

That doesn't really apply to Frankly.. you are obviously more than a casual fan. The solo stuff you picked is rare. (And I didn't mention your name)

Hairdresser on fire - would love to hear that myself

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

If someone has just brought out an album, especially in the modern climate where albums don't sell what they once did - I don't understand the logic in people who go to see said act and then moaning when the gig is new album heavy.

He is promoting that album.

There are people who just want to see "the hits". Fucking tough.

That doesn't really apply to Frankly.. you are obviously more than a casual fan. The solo stuff you picked is rare. (And I didn't mention your name)

I know what you mean but it's a fine line. I find the Neanderthals at his gigs shouting & grunting the name of the Smiths 'hits' at the top of their voice rather annoying.

But at the same time for a 20 song arena setlist I think 11 songs from the new album is a stretch too much. He could have replaced 'Smiler with Knife' 'One or our Own' & 'I'm not a Man' with other songs from his back catalogue & the new album would have still been perfectly represented within the set.

Let's not forget, he's also promoting an album that isn't even available to buy anymore since he pulled the deal with Harvest.

I know what you mean but it's a fine line. I find the Neanderthals at his gigs shouting & grunting the name of the Smiths 'hits' at the top of their voice rather annoying.

But at the same time for a 20 song arena setlist I think 11 songs from the new album is a stretch too much. He could have replaced 'Smiler with Knife' 'One or our Own' & 'I'm not a Man' with other songs from his back catalogue & the new album would have still been perfectly represented within the set.

Let's not forget, he's also promoting an album that isn't even available to buy anymore since he pulled the deal with Harvest.

It is a fine line I agree, but he has had 30 years of doing This Charming Man, I don't see a problem myself. The problem for me is with ticket prices. The argument some will have is "I've paid £70+ and he didn't play his best stuff" I can see that point.

Last time I saw him he didn't play many smiths tunes, I thought his setlist was spot on. I remember hearing moans as I left that he didn't do "this charming man"

Ironically I had said, I want him to do "Frankly Mr Shankly"...or "Vicar in a tutu", Only as in the now 3 times I've seen him he hasn't done them.

At festivals I think acts should play more of the hits. Only as more casual fans come to see you. In order to generate an atmosphere, you need to.

Things I noticed:

1. Lack of flags

2. Lack of atmos

3. Lack of flags

I was there Wooderson, and i noticed:

1. Lack of flags.

2. Smiths fans moaning about lack of Smiths songs.

3. Numerous people in the crowd seemingly only there because they don't like Morrissey to shout abuse.

IIRC he came out on stage and said:

"Do you feel disgusting, Glastonbury?

...I feel like that every day"

And a lot of people around me didn't 'get it' and took that as a slight on their behalf from the off.

It was also a very different crowd back then, IMO. Around that time i feel it was the transitional point from 'Old' Glastonbury to what we have now. A weird-something-in-between-the-two.

Dunno if anyone agrees...or if it's just me?