Morrissey

Charley333

Castlefield Bowl looks like a pretty decent set up for a gig from what I can see on google. I can't wrap my head around what the stage is standing on top of, though. Anybody who's been to a gig there able to shed any light on this? Looks to me like it's actually on top of those "parking spaces" for canal boats?

I think the stage goes over the space where the canal boats would usually sit, with the back of the stage sitting on the back concrete bit. Not sure I've explained it that well but hopefully you get what I mean.

I think the stage goes over the space where the canal boats would usually sit, with the back of the stage sitting on the back concrete bit. Not sure I've explained it that well but hopefully you get what I mean.

Yeah, I see, cheers. IIRC, there's just the two lanes for boat, both of them quite narrow, so I suppose it's not hard to build a structure across. I wonder how long it stays there for, and where the boat guys go.

Yeah, I see, cheers. IIRC, there's just the two lanes for boat, both of them quite narrow, so I suppose it's not hard to build a structure across. I wonder how long it stays there for, and where the boat guys go.

Top tip: I live in castlefields and was in the pub as the pixies started playing, touts (as much as I hate them) offered me a £5 ticket because I'd missed one song...

Would disagree for sure. Other and Pyramid sub are more or less interchangeable.

Would love to see the look on Moz's face if he heard himself compared to fox hunting Ferry.

i personally think Pyramid sub is a little bigger than Other headliner (and some acts, like Morrissey, are just more suited to the Pyramid)

i personally think Pyramid sub is a little bigger than Other headliner (and some acts, like Morrissey, are just more suited to the Pyramid)

I guess Pyramid subs tend to be more mainstream/populist than the Other headliner, but they'd roughly play the same size venues etc.

Morrissey could fit both easy enough, he wouldn't have an overwhelming draw against any half decent Pyramid headliner that the other stage couldn't cope with.

I wouldn't mind seeing Moz sub-headline again, did in 2011 but it was all a little bit dour weather-wise which didn't help the crowd - although I'm not sure whether wall to wall sunshine would suit the great man :D

Seeing him do There Is A Light, in the rain, at Glastonbury, is one of my all time best moments ever of everything!!

Top tip: I live in castlefields and was in the pub as the pixies started playing, touts (as much as I hate them) offered me a £5 ticket because I'd missed one song...

I'll probably give that a go if there's anybody decent on this year, you can't argue with a £5 ticket. I remember feeling quite foolish paying full price for one night at Oasis in 2009, when the very next night I rocked up just before they started playing and got in for £15, even got comfortably into the front circle before they started playing as well.

Morrissey subbed the Pyramid back in 2011 but he hasn't done anything between then and now to raise his profile.

Except releasing a best selling autobiography which set a new record for first week sales on music autobiographies & a number 2 album that was both a critical & commercial success...

No he isn't going to headline the Pyramid, but his profile has risen. Compare his tour dates for this year to those he did in 2011 & you'll see a huge difference.

Except releasing a best selling autobiography which set a new record for first week sales on music autobiographies & a number 2 album that was both a critical & commercial success...

No he isn't going to headline the Pyramid, but his profile has risen. Compare his tour dates for this year to those he did in 2011 & you'll see a huge difference.

Also his voice and band sound way better than 2011. Way better.

Excuse me for butting in here but I'm going to use the new card again. One question:

IS MOZZA LIKELY TO BE ON A STAGE AT GLASTONBURY '15 AT SOME POINT?

No, really can't see it happening given how poorly attended his 2011 slot was (Shame cos footage of that gig is amazing, one of my faves of his)