Morrissey

Charley333

I

A little Googling brings up this man as him;

He is Antony Franciosa and the film is "Senilità" directed by Mario Bolognini 1962, based on the novel "Senilità" written by Italo Svevo, alias Ettore Schmidtz.

Isn't the net ace for looking up shit like this!

Wow cool. Well done.

Claudia Cardinale is in that film too. Would've preferred a picture of her to be honest!

Cardinale004.jpg

Edited by The Nal

Doesnt Mr Moz always have random people on his 'stuff'? Do you think it's a test?

Not sure as I've not seen him live ( Somehow the gods contrived against me at Glasto 2011 which saw me in my tent trying to get to sleep when he was on - I'd done about 36 hours on the sauce without sleep up to that point). I could hear him in the background mind.

• Upvote 1

Now that is a good picture.

Mr Stick, you were in yor tent during the Morrissey set? Shame on you! (But I totally get it if you'd been on it for 36 hours)

I know, it's a scandelous state of affairs given that some of my formative years were spent listening to the man sing while I was in my mates bedroom with other friends getting stoned and all saying we're crap at everything we are! To add insult to injury it also meant that I missed Primal Scream - the best band I've ever seen live.

Ah the good old days of listening to The SMiths and contemplating ones crapness. Brilliant.

I was a bit scared I'd sleep through Morrissey (I'd be devastated if I did) and so made sure I was properly awake that day!!

My sis and I caught a bit of Primal Scream on our way back to camp after Moz, didnt really think much of them I';m afraid. Althoguh, that may have soemthing to do with the fact that we'd been out in the rain all day, and had got crushed in the U2 crowd. Nasty.

Ah the good old days of listening to The SMiths and contemplating ones crapness. Brilliant.

I was a bit scared I'd sleep through Morrissey (I'd be devastated if I did) and so made sure I was properly awake that day!!

My sis and I caught a bit of Primal Scream on our way back to camp after Moz, didnt really think much of them I';m afraid.

The trick is to take a shed load of mushrooms about half an hour before they come on stage! I guenuinely believe that they are best savoured while on some mind bending stuff. Whatever you can get yours hands on really but the trippier the better.

Doesnt Mr Moz always have random people on his 'stuff'? Do you think it's a test?

Every piece of imagery Morrissey picks is for a reason. It's one of my favourite things about him/The Smiths. Songs That Saved Your Life by Simon Goddard is great at explaining where they all come from. The majority of The Smiths ones (vinyl etchings, artwork, song titles etc.) come from one of A Taste Of Honey, Billy Fury or Viv Richardson.

I always post this in Smiths threads,,,, I was there.

Superb. Wish I had been too. Moz was pretty average by his own standards the other week in Manchester but still moved me more than 95% of other acts out there.

I really don't know why he doesnt set up a record label to release his own stuff and other new bands influenced by him- he must have plenty of cash (especially since giving up eggs!) :lol:

Saw Moz at the MEN arena the other weekend. Class!

"The reason i wasn't invited to the Olympic opening ceremony is because my smile would have been judged to be too sincere." lol

Some sparkling wit from him, indeed, but I thought the setlist was a little disappointing from someone with such great songs at his disposal. New songs were poor and what was the early start all about?

The trick is to take a shed load of mushrooms about half an hour before they come on stage! I guenuinely believe that they are best savoured while on some mind bending stuff. Whatever you can get yours hands on really but the trippier the better.

I think by that point I'd had about 2 hours sleep since I got to the festival, so was a little worse for wear anywya! Tip noted though, cheers ;)

• 11 months later...