Morrissey

Charley333

I used to idolise Morrissey, and I'll still always love a lot of his solo work. I used to always stick up for him, through all the claims of racism etc.

But I'm pretty much refusing to pay to see him ever again after he got one of his own fans chucked out of his gig for nothing other than running a website where some people posted negative comments about him. The lowest of the low.

Morrissey has alluded many times to his lack of a record deal at present.

In addition to the thing about the guy running morrissey-solo.com, he also had a festival ban the sale of meat on the day he played, and is having fans frisked for meat products on entering his shows.

It's about Morrissey keeping himself in the public eye, nothing more than that. He's following the Michael O'Leary school of PR in the hope of getting himself such a deal.

I haven't read the whole thread so apologies if this is duplication, but Morrissey might be having an Oscar Wilde moment ie there is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about. I used to like him but fear he has gone so far up his own arsehole that we've rather lost the chap!

In addition to the thing about the guy running morrissey-solo.com, he also had a festival ban the sale of meat on the day he played, and is having fans frisked for meat products on entering his shows.

I love seeing the meat eaters get upset about this. I applaud the man, why should he entertain you while you are shovelling corpses into your gluttonous mouths?

If you want to eat dead things, do it in the privacy of your own filthy homes, away from civilised society.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I love seeing the meat eaters get upset about this. I applaud the man, why should he entertain you while you are shovelling corpses into your gluttonous mouths?

If you want to eat dead things, do it in the privacy of your own filthy homes, away from civilised society.

Or in the Beat Hotel, smashing a dead hippy into your face. Lovely stuff and something I did daily at Glasto this year whether Moz approves or not.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I know they say that there's no such thing as bad publicity but he doesn't do himself any favours does he.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/norway/8667682/Morrissey-compares-fast-food-to-Norway-massacre.html

Silly sod!!!

No. Shows how strongly he feels about animals though. But still a silly thing to say.

Few facts though:

McDonalds

- Suppliers kill 10 million cows a year for them.

KFC

- KFCs suppliers kill 350 million chickens a year for KFC.

- KFCs suppliers cram birds into huge waste-filled factories, breed and drug them to grow so large that they can’t even walk, and often break their wings and legs.

- At slaughter, the birds’ throats are slit and they are dropped into tanks of scalding-hot water—often while they are still conscious.

That said, a Zinger meal from KFC is f**king beautiful if you've been drinking. And as for Mickey D's breakfasts!! Delish!

Edited by The Nal

That said, a Zinger meal from KFC is f**king beautiful if you've been drinking. And as for Mickey D's breakfasts!! Delish!

This kind of echoes my earlier sentiments that as much as I appreciate his music, he'll never get me to give up meat.

I mean they way I look at it, would any of the domesticated animal breeds have ever existed if we had not bred them for our own purposes? My other maxim on vegetarianism would be 'carrots scream when you pull them from the ground!'.

That said a girl at work has given up all meat based on watching Moz do meat is murder on telly at Glasto this year! Don't know what she'd have done had she listened to the album with screaming animals and alleged captive bolt samples!

Gotta go - my wife's got a beautiful steak on the barbie for me! :lol:

A lot of people believe that all living things are equal. As such, if you hold this view, the death of millions of animals in tortuous conditions will always rank higher than 86 people on the tragedy scale.

"I mean they way I look at it, would any of the domesticated animal breeds have ever existed if we had not bred them for our own purposes? My other maxim on vegetarianism would be 'carrots scream when you pull them from the ground!'."

As for this, are you for real or just a bit thick?

Cows and sheep and pigs werent created by man in a laboratory you know. As for carrots screaming, I had no idea they have a central nervous system.

Meat eating is a selfish thing to do, for a myriad of reasons.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I love Morrissey. I also love chicken. I tried being veggie once, I lasted three months. I'm afraid I don't pay attention to how animals are killed so we can buy meat from Sainsburys, just like I don't really pay attention to how clothes that are sold in Primark are made.

I realise this makes me seem shallow, but there are so many things wrong with the world today, at least I go to work and contribute to society and don't shoot people or cause wars or am violent at all.

I like to think of myself as a nice person, and I don't think I should change my eating habits to fit in with those of a famous person.

I really don't want to get involved in a big debate, I'm at work and I've got a bit of a headache, which I need to shift as I'm going to a fancy dress party tonight. (as Evil Edna, which I am really quite excited about!)

Thats just my small insignificant views, if we all thought the same we wouldnt all be on here!!

This kind of echoes my earlier sentiments that as much as I appreciate his music, he'll never get me to give up meat.

I mean they way I look at it, would any of the domesticated animal breeds have ever existed if we had not bred them for our own purposes? My other maxim on vegetarianism would be 'carrots scream when you pull them from the ground!'.

That said a girl at work has given up all meat based on watching Moz do meat is murder on telly at Glasto this year! Don't know what she'd have done had she listened to the album with screaming animals and alleged captive bolt samples!

Gotta go - my wife's got a beautiful steak on the barbie for me! :lol:

A lot of people believe that all living things are equal. As such, if you hold this view, the death of millions of animals in tortuous conditions will always rank higher than 86 people on the tragedy scale.

"I mean they way I look at it, would any of the domesticated animal breeds have ever existed if we had not bred them for our own purposes? My other maxim on vegetarianism would be 'carrots scream when you pull them from the ground!'."

As for this, are you for real or just a bit thick?

Cows and sheep and pigs werent created by man in a laboratory you know. As for carrots screaming, I had no idea they have a central nervous system.

Meat eating is a selfish thing to do, for a myriad of reasons.

I know they're not 'clones' but friesian cows for example would not be in existence were it not for man.

Ultimately we're decended from omnivores. Now that we're supposedly civilised what we eat is personal preference. If you'd prefer a nut cutlet to a steak that's up to you.

As for being selfish, I'm sure my local organic farmer (and his much loved cows) would wholly disagree with you.

the carrot maxim was clearly a joke so why don't you lighten up?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Here's what he said in the Telegraph “We all live in a murderous world, as the events in Norway have shown, with 97 dead [sic].

"Though that is nothing compared to what happens in McDonald’s and Kentucky Fried s--- every day.”

I can't see anything untrue about that, maybe someone could point it out but what he said there is pure, cold fact!

Here's what he said in the Telegraph “We all live in a murderous world, as the events in Norway have shown, with 97 dead [sic].

"Though that is nothing compared to what happens in McDonald’s and Kentucky Fried s--- every day.”

I can't see anything untrue about that, maybe someone could point it out but what he said there is pure, cold fact!

Yes, because people being slaughtered for one mentalists cause is nothing compared to chickens being slaughtered for food.

Try telling that to the families of the dead and see what reaction you get.

• Upvote 1

Morrissey always drops comments like this purely to gain a reaction and to get people talking about him. I think a pinch of salt needs to be taken, I don't think he is as insincere as he sounds, he's just a little misguided in his comments sometimes.

= "he's a bit of a tit"

• Upvote 2

Morrissey always drops comments like this purely to gain a reaction and to get people talking about him. I think a pinch of salt needs to be taken, I don't think he is as insincere as he sounds, he's just a little misguided in his comments sometimes.

I dont think you have the right to speak for him. How on earth do you know he said this to gain a reaction? And a reaction from whom? People like you? I rather doubt he gives 2 short shits about your reaction.

He clearly believes all living things are equal, therefore the slaughter of millions in tortuous conditions ranks higher than the slaughter of 86 to him. And he is far from alone in holding this view.

Why is this so hard to grasp? This is what he believes, how dare you assume otherwise just because you do not share this view.

Just because you rank the life of a human above the life of an animal doesnt mean everyone does.

Perhaps it is you that are the miguided one. How arrogant you are.

• Upvote 1

Yes, because people being slaughtered for one mentalists cause is nothing compared to chickens being slaughtered for food.

Try telling that to the families of the dead and see what reaction you get.

Or perhaps the loss of life of ANY living thing is a tragedy?

Be it for one persons selfish belief, or for one persons selfish greed. What is the difference?

Just because you rank the life of a human above the life of an animal doesnt mean everyone does.

This absolutely right. To paraphrase Douglas Adams yet again ; We (humans) assume that we are higher up the evolutionary ladder than say dolphins because we have cars, work, war whilst all dolphins do is splash around in the water, singing songs and having a good time of it. Dolphins ofr course are correct in thinking they are highter up the evolutionary ladder for precicely the same reasons.

And it's for this reason I have never eaten dolphin on toast.

• Upvote 1