Morrissey

Charley333

I had a dream last night (before I'd seen this setlist) that I was watching Steve at Glasto and he brought Johnny Marr on stage for the encore, and they played This Charming Man and How Soon Is Now?

So finding out he played TCM last night is just plain spooky! It would be the highlight of Glastonbury if that really did happen! *crosses fingers*

I know it will probably never happen but just imagine that. The crowd would go absolutely f**king bonkers.

My kids were at the Ironworks!

they said it was blinding! I was jealous of them but comforted myself that I'll see him at Glasto.

Must be fabulous to see him at such an intimate gig though :)

So This Charming Man got an airing. Somehow I missed that at first glance. Surely he'd do a big hitter like that at a festival. Just when I didn't think I could get any more excited about Glastonbury... there you go.

Edited by tolywoly

What are the chances of Last of the International Playboys and when would he play it if so?

Hope he plays it at Glasto, went down a treat in Inverness

My kids were at the Ironworks!

they said it was blinding! I was jealous of them but comforted myself that I'll see him at Glasto.

Must be fabulous to see him at such an intimate gig though :)

It was bloody good, never seen him in such a small venue before :)

So This Charming Man got an airing. Somehow I missed that at first glance. Surely he'd do a big hitter like that at a festival. Just when I didn't think I could get any more excited about Glastonbury... there you go.

:D If he played Girlfriend in a Coma and This Charming Man as well as all the others he's been playing I don't know... I'd say I'd faint with excitement but then I'd just miss the whole thing, so I hope not... :P

Wonder if he's planning on doing 1 song that's unique to each date on this tour? So far we have:

I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris

Last of the Famous...

& This Charming Man

He played I'm Throwing My Arms in Dunoon and Perth didn't he? :unsure:

He also played it in Inverness, seems the setlist I previously posted for that gig was inaccurate, it was missing Paris and Shoplifters :unsure:

I know it will probably never happen but just imagine that. The crowd would go absolutely f**king bonkers.

It's Glastonbury, he must realise he needs to pull out all the stops. Someone previously said in this thread they reckon he'd want to upstage U2; well, what better way to do that than bringing Johnny Marr on stage? Unlikely it'll happen, but you can hope....

:D If he played Girlfriend in a Coma and This Charming Man as well as all the others he's been playing I don't know... I'd say I'd faint with excitement but then I'd just miss the whole thing, so I hope not... :P

Think I would too! Blimey, I really really can't wait to see Steve now, it's going to be a spectacular performance!

• Upvote 1

He also played it in Inverness, seems the setlist I previously posted for that gig was inaccurate, it was missing Paris and Shoplifters :unsure:

Think I would too! Blimey, I really really can't wait to see Steve now, it's going to be a spectacular performance!

Yay about Paris! One of my favourite Steve songs! ;)

And :D is all I can do when anyone asks me what I'll be seeing next Friday night!!!!! I CANNOT WAIT - as long as he's in any way up for it, Steve will be incredible :D :D :D

Good lord,the setlists are gettin sexier and sexier :) ,

keep both this charming man and last of the famous in,maybe take away 3 of the very new ones and the lesser known solo stuff(speedway/alma),

add in these and the set would beat anything u2 perform that day!

sweet and tender hooligan

the queen is dead.

A rush and a push.

please please please..,

girfriend in a coma.

ask and or panic.

Rusholme Ruffians.

suedhead.

i suppose half of those in and the moz solo stuff out would be dream world,but you never know!. I do still like a lot of his solo stuff,but for this occasion i want him to bring the really brilliant songs out and out do bono and co with a high energy highly emotional setlist.

Im defo. a fan that will need to see him again and again.

i suppose half of those in and the moz solo stuff out would be dream world,but you never know!. I do still like a lot of his solo stuff,but for this occasion i want him to bring the really brilliant songs out and out do bono and co with a high energy highly emotional setlist.

Im defo. a fan that will need to see him again and again.

I'm sure I've referenced this on here before but back in about 1994 there was an excellent article in Select magazine (I used to really like Select; I prefered Melody Maker to NME as well - jinx!) where it stated how "it must be weird being U2. You can call up world leaders from the stage; you can sell out stadiums the world over; your show is the biggest, most expensive, most extravagant in the world; every album you release sells millions. And all the time, you know you're not The Smiths."

I would love for Moz to remind U2 of this on Friday - despite the fact that I'm ridiculously excited about seeing U2!!!

• Upvote 2

Drop Speedway?? That's one of his best solo songs!

I do like the song,and tbh i cant dislike any moz songs,but im sure most will prefer the smiths stuff,but this is a moz gig not a smiths gig,and im sure moz will play what ever he feels like playing and feels will go down best on that day.

Aslong he turns up and i see all of his set ile be made up.

I do like the song,and tbh i cant dislike any moz songs,but im sure most will prefer the smiths stuff,but this is a moz gig not a smiths gig,and im sure moz will play what ever he feels like playing and feels will go down best on that day.

Corrected for you! He'll only ever do what he feels like doing - fortunately, he normally has excellent taste.

His sets in recent years have been less obtuse than they used to be, more casual fan friendly. The very fact he's doing This Charming Man - 10 years ago he said he'd never play it again. Age must be mellowing him.

:D This bodes well for a Johnny Marr collaboration... :D

Steve better turn up! If he doesn't i'll die.

The only excuse I'll accept is that Steve has died and either way my cries of "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO STEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVEEEE" will echo around the site haunting all those who hear it...