Morrissey

Charley333

Just had to post :D If he does take his shirt off it'll mean he was in a good mood at least :P so something to look forward to! B)

Haha, how excited are you, with all your double posts:)

He's a fine figure of a man! god knows how I'm going to sleep now after watching that video! :D

I don't think I'm going to be able to make both Fleet Foxes and Morrissey, so it looks like Biffy Clyro into Mozza. It's going to be busy...

I'm hoping to see Fleet Foxes then Morrissey but thinking about it you have a point. To be honest though I don't mind not being directly at the front, may be able to weave my way to a good spot if I run over straight after FF.

Haha, how excited are you, with all your double posts:)

He's a fine figure of a man! god knows how I'm going to sleep now after watching that video! :D

IKR! There are lots more on the YouTube if you're so inclined to look... I of course would have no idea about that because I didn't look at loads to find the best quality one...

I really don't mean the double posts although I am incredibly excited :P

IKR! There are lots more on the YouTube if you're so inclined to look... I of course would have no idea about that because I didn't look at loads to find the best quality one...

I really don't mean the double posts although I am incredibly excited :P

Me too!! Seen him twice and he took his shirt off both times :D

Slightly off topic - he shrugged at me once! Nearly wet myself :)

• Upvote 1

Me too!! Seen him twice and he took his shirt off both times :D

Slightly off topic - he shrugged at me once! Nearly wet myself :)

Like looking directly into your eyes? :O I may have done the same :lol:

I really hope he plays "Let Me Kiss You" - just been listening to it and realising how much I love it! :D

Yep:D

I'd dislocated my shoulder a few months before and still couldn't move my arm very well. He came right to the front of the stage and started reaching out to people, noticed me with my pathetic attempts to touch him, so, god bless him, he stretched out a little further. I couldnt touch him, he couldn't reach me, so he made a little "sorry, I tried" face, shrugged and went back to the centre of the stage. :(

Probs a good job that I couldn't reach - I'd still be holding on to him now! :D

Ive seen him 3 times and he has never dissapointed. Saw him at Leeds 2004 and he opened with "How Soon is Now", he opened with Panic when I saw him in Manchester a couple of years later. Also saw him headline Wireless Festival, he played "Ask" I think as second song and the crowd at the front went mental.

Im sure he'll play plently of classic Smiths/solo stuff as im sure a little part of him is hoping that U2 drop a few duff songs into their set, and even though it wont happen, I bet a little part of him wants to try and upstage them, so expect a classic set from him.

I'm hoping to see Fleet Foxes then Morrissey but thinking about it you have a point. To be honest though I don't mind not being directly at the front, may be able to weave my way to a good spot if I run over straight after FF.

I've seen Fleet foxes a couple of times and to be honest, once you've seen half an hour of it, you've kind of seen all of it (in fact, I b@ggered off half way through last them they played simply on the basis that they really are quite dull live). They're not going to go off on any interesting new tangents or anything, so I'm planning to ditch them a bit early and make my way over to Moz.

Seen live countless times. Always been good (I think I may have been lucky as he certainly has had some well publisised shockers). Biggest venue was probably Ally Pallais and it didn't feel as intimate and connected as he did at Brixton for example. Be interesting to see if he can pull off the huge Pyramid venue.

As I have seen him a lot I may slope off early to C&S at West Holts......but part of me is dreading that I miss "having buried the hatchet I would like to welcome back my old friend Johny Marr"....but there is probably more chance of Hendrix popping up on the Bandstand.....

If you are new to Morrisey and he bombs don;t judge him by this one experience. Get to see him at a smaller venue and I am pretty sure you'll have a good time.

I've seen Fleet foxes a couple of times and to be honest, once you've seen half an hour of it, you've kind of seen all of it (in fact, I b@ggered off half way through last them they played simply on the basis that they really are quite dull live). They're not going to go off on any interesting new tangents or anything, so I'm planning to ditch them a bit early and make my way over to Moz.

... Having said all that, the set times seem to now make it a direct choice between the two. Noooooooooooooo. Think I will go for Moz though!

I've seen Fleet foxes a couple of times and to be honest, once you've seen half an hour of it, you've kind of seen all of it (in fact, I b@ggered off half way through last them they played simply on the basis that they really are quite dull live).

Never seen them live thankfully. Must be the most overrated band of the last 5 years or so. I really gave the first record a good go but its total nothing music. As weak as it gets. Absolutely zilch going on with them.

Moz all the way! First gig of the tour on Wednesday. We'll get an idea of the setlist for Glasto then! :) With U2 on after him, and the size of his ego, I cant see him playing a weak setlist. Id fully expect a handful of killer Smiths tunes in there. :D

Edited by The Nal

Moz all the way! First gig of the tour on Wednesday. We'll get an idea of the setlist for Glasto then! :) With U2 on after him, and the size of his ego, I cant see him playing a weak setlist. Id fully expect a handful of killer Smiths tunes in there. :D

Awesome! For some reason I thought Glasto was going to be the first gig... Really excited to see the new setlist now, although he's said in interviews before that he picks them purely selfishly by what he wants to play... B)

Let's hope he's in a Smiths/best solo stuff kinda mood eh? :D

Awesome! For some reason I thought Glasto was going to be the first gig... Really excited to see the new setlist now, although he's said in interviews before that he picks them purely selfishly by what he wants to play... B)

Let's hope he's in a Smiths/best solo stuff kinda mood eh? :D

Yes indeed. Be selfish Steven, play some Smiths tunes. We wont mind!

Imagine he was known as “Steve”. How weird would that be? “Smiths frontman Steve….”

Yes indeed. Be selfish Steven, play some Smiths tunes. We wont mind!

Imagine he was known as “Steve”. How weird would that be? “Smiths frontman Steve….”

Saw an interview with him on Jonathan Ross where he tried to convince Morrissey to be his friend and called him Steven. Morrissey was obv unimpressed, and when Jonathan asked if he's Morrissey on his driving license and passport he said "No, it just says Mozza..." He was joking of course but I so want that to be true!!!! :D

Steve would be really weird!!! Can't imagine Steve from Manchester coming out with "Artists aren't really people. And I'm actually 40 per cent papier mache." :lol:

:lol:

Weird.

Me and my went to see em in Bridlington years back !

They struggled to get "Morrissey" in the big red lights on the stage , they were all squashed in !

I bet the tour manager had wished he was referred to as Steve !

:lol:

I saw them in 09 and loved it (though they were a bit shy I thought). I'm a bit gutted now that the set times are out as it looks like I'm going to have to see Biffy instead if I want to be able to see for Moz. I like Biffy Clyro so it's not that bad, but I've been looking forward to hearing Fleet Foxes' new album live for a while now.