what a weekend!

Guest 5co77ie

Good pix and review, we had a great weekend. Absolutely loved The Waterboys, Charlatans, Christians, Ahab (this years Goldheart Assembly?), 3DM (of course) and some of the comedy which we managed to see.

However I have to say it was noticeably quieter than the last 3 years. We bought our tickets for next year before leaving, as did all our fellow travellers, so hopefully the audience will build back up. Not sure if it is a crowded market, a line up that didn't work for some people, absence of a Duffy or Little Boots type act, general economy, but for whatever reason it seemed well down on numbers (heard a trader say it was down a third, which sounded about right). Talking to the traders on Saturday and especially Sunday, they were all disappointed, with a number of the food traders indicating they weren't planning to return.

Not meant to be a moan, just some observations. As I say, our gang had a ball, and other peoples loss was our gain, we were very close to the front for The Waterboys whereas last year we were behind the path, although Mrs NS says we were too close as Mike Scott looks slightly scary these days! I thought they were great, my best moment of the event. Had a blast in the Headphone Disco Saturday night.

See you next year :) NS

Glad you had a good time and booked tickets for next year. Traders do tend to exaggerate things a little, and while we were a little down on last year, it is only going to be by a few percent, less than 10 definitely- I think also this year that all the venues were much better populated so why it might have felt a bit quieter in the main arena- regularly the BBC Stage, Main Stage and Big Top had large audiences at the same time- even down to the lit fest tent which was rammed for almost all the authors....

See you next year...

and they made my friends day by doing a Dylan cover too, can't remember the track - sorry!

Thanks Wychwood Office, when the disco was crowded I did wonder if people were just a bit more spread out. Good news that numbers weren't down too much, well done, great event, looking forward to next year already. Get Ahab back, they were great and aren't at any of our other events this summer :(.

Glad you had a good time and booked tickets for next year. Traders do tend to exaggerate things a little, and while we were a little down on last year, it is only going to be by a few percent, less than 10 definitely- I think also this year that all the venues were much better populated so why it might have felt a bit quieter in the main arena- regularly the BBC Stage, Main Stage and Big Top had large audiences at the same time- even down to the lit fest tent which was rammed for almost all the authors....

See you next year...