Yet another Myhab query....

Guest elfie

First timer heading to Glastonbury this year with friends......we booked Myhab tents just after Christmas, as I am a total lightweight, and needed the reassurance of hot showers!!!

We were intending to head down on the Wednesday, but due to work commitments, we are now only able to arrive on Friday morning......being the total wuss that I am, I am concerned that our tents will have been taken over by squatters!! I have emailed Myhab 3 times in the past fortnight, and have yet to recieve a reply.....not exactly filling me with confidence.......so can any experienced Myhabers reassure me, seeing as Myhab themselves wont! ;-)

As far as I know from reading the MyHabs are in their own exclusive area accessible by a gate up near the stone circle.. Everyone going into the MyHab area must have a wrist band.. I find it unlikely therefore that you'd end up with squatters as the only people in the myhab field will already have wristbands and therefore their own MyHab.. :)

Don't worry about your tents, they will be waiting for you when you arrive. Lots of people arrive on the Friday.

Oh and don't worry about the lack of response from Myhab as the guy is probably busy doing other more important things like organising himself a customer services course, or just as important, a seminar on 'how to use Outlook Express'.

yeah relax elfie, everything will be fine. Myhab are notoriously not very good at comm's! I did phone James's mobile number the other day and it had that dialing tone like you have when you're out the country so he's may be taking a holiday before the festival season madness begins.

Come say hello to my group at the myhab site, we'll have same flag as my user avatar!

Ahh lovely......thanks for the replys everyone......another wussy question though if anyones knows.....is there any access to mirrors and or anywhere to plug in a hairdryer? (hangs her head in shame) ;-)

I don't have an answer for you I'm afraid but a friend of mine is a trader - and they have hairdryers, phone chargers etc etc.....

I think that Glastonbury is definitely best when done in style, a field full of mud shouldn't stand in the way of looking presentable!

I think a LOT of people would be too embarrassed to say so but if you have hair like mine........ you either go the full distance without a wash or you end up looking like you have a wild horses mane!

:D

As others have said, loads of people arrive on Friday, and still a few arrived on Saturday last year. One of the reasons for using Myhab is that your tent is pre-pitched, so don't have to worry about getting space.

The showers and toilet blocks last year were superb. 24-hour showers with hot-water (except when a genny packed-in, but Myhab got a replacement fork-lifted in place in rapid time). As you'd expect there were long queues at peak-times in the morning for the showers. If you were prepared to shower in the afternoon/evening the queues were much more tolerable (or non-existent).

I hope the standards are just as good this year!