SUMMER SUNDAE DAY - BY - DAY LINEUPS

Guest Rob ic

SUMMER SUNDAE

Thursday 02 Academy

Jaymo and Andy George, Fenech-Soler, P Money, Polarsets

Friday

Main: The Maccabees, Graham Coxon, The Bees, GIVERS, opening act TBC

Indoor: Toots & The Maytals, Portico Quartet, King Creosote & Jon Hopkins, The Agitator, Admiral Fallow, Elliott Morris

Rising: Shonen Knife, Born Ruffians, Wolf People, 2:54, Various Cruelties, Other Lives

Musician: Uncle Frank, Raghu Dixit, By The Rivers, The Whybirds, Elizabeth Cornish, Martin Brown, Kieran Hebden (not that one), Rhett Barrow

Saturday

Main: Newton Faulkner, Reef, Bellowhead, Kissmet, Beth Jeans Houghton, Showaddywaddy, I Am In Love

Indoor: I Am Kloot, Chapel Club, Jim Jones Revue, Wilko Johnson, Benjamin Francis Leftwich, The Heartbreaks, Flashguns, Hhymn, You Slut!

Rising: Pete & The Pirates, Little Comets, Liam Bailey, Yaaks, Dionne Bromfield, Kyla La Grange, We Three And The Death Rattle

Musician: Teddy Thompson, Dizraeli and the Small Gods, Mama Rosin, The Paradimes, Gallery 47, Kitty MacFarlane, Davenport Folk, Kirkland Turn, The Daydream Club, Humblehe

Sunday

Main: McFly, Example, The Cuban Brothers, Young Knives, Maniere Des Bohemians, My First Tooth

Indoor: Blood Red Shoes, Everything Everything, Warpaint, Factory Floor, The Phantom Band, The Antlers, Dark Dark Horse, Silent Devices

Rising: Dry The River, Ben Howard, Dutch Uncles, The Black Atlantic, Tom Williams & The Boat, The Swiines

Musician: Kitty Daisy & Lewis, Tom Baxter, Skinny Lister, The Pierces, Delta Maid, Austin Francis Connection, Joel Owen & the Antoine Band, Martha Bean

(thank you to Sweeping The Nation for listing the bands as above)

Shonen Knife play approx 8.45 >9.30

Toots and the Maytals will start after 10.00pm

SUMMER SUNDAE

Thursday 02 Academy

Jaymo and Andy George, Fenech-Soler, P Money, Polarsets

Friday

Main: The Maccabees, Graham Coxon, The Bees, GIVERS, opening act TBC

Indoor: Toots & The Maytals, Portico Quartet, King Creosote & Jon Hopkins, The Agitator, Admiral Fallow, Elliott Morris

Rising: Shonen Knife (8.45>930pm approx, Born Ruffians, Wolf People, 2:54, Various Cruelties, Other Lives

Musician: Uncle Frank, Raghu Dixit, By The Rivers, The Whybirds, Elizabeth Cornish, Martin Brown, Kieran Hebden (not that one), Rhett Barrow

Saturday

Main: Newton Faulkner, Reef, Bellowhead, Kissmet, Beth Jeans Houghton, Showaddywaddy, I Am In Love

Indoor: I Am Kloot, Chapel Club, Jim Jones Revue, Wilko Johnson, Benjamin Francis Leftwich, The Heartbreaks, Flashguns, Hhymn, You Slut!

Rising: Pete & The Pirates, Little Comets, Liam Bailey, Yaaks, Dionne Bromfield, Kyla La Grange, We Three And The Death Rattle

Musician: Teddy Thompson, Dizraeli and the Small Gods, Mama Rosin, The Paradimes, Gallery 47, Kitty MacFarlane, Davenport Folk, Kirkland Turn, The Daydream Club, Humblehe

Sunday

Main: McFly, Example, The Cuban Brothers, Young Knives, Maniere Des Bohemians, My First Tooth

Indoor: Blood Red Shoes, Everything Everything, Warpaint, Factory Floor, The Phantom Band, The Antlers, Dark Dark Horse, Silent Devices

Rising: Dry The River, Ben Howard, Dutch Uncles, The Black Atlantic, Tom Williams & The Boat, The Swiines

Musician: Kitty Daisy & Lewis, Tom Baxter, Skinny Lister, The Pierces, Delta Maid, Austin Francis Connection, Joel Owen & the Antoine Band, Martha Bean

(thank you to Sweeping The Nation for listing the bands as above)

Despite initial reservations, I actually think this years is the best line up for a good few years. There is a range of acts I want to see on every day and on every stage, and although I won't be bothering with Reef or McFly or Example (or at least not with a sober head on - after a few cocktails I might be seen dancing to McFly!) there is absolutely loads of quality throughout all the stages, even before I know the score with the Comedy Tent.

Last year I spent large parts of the weekend sat in the real ale tent/area because there wasn't anything I fancied or that was any good (in my opinion) when I dabbled in a few of the acts I'd not heard of. This year I can't see that happening and it has to be one of the most eclectic line ups of any festival, particularly of its size.

Off to buy my ticket when I've got the spare cash to fork out on it (probably next month) and genuinely excited about this year!!

One of the things I have always like about SSW is that it is well curated. I rarely care about the headliners because I know from experience that I will always find quality there. After having spent some time trawling through Spotify and listening to as many bands as I can it seems that this is going to be one of the strongest line ups I have seen in the five years I have been coming. Friday evening is an absolute car crash of stuff I want to see and will all come down to stage timings in the end.

One thing I did notice that could be a bit of a let down. Sunday afternoon. Musician. Wot no Ska????