Working

Guest podge52

This is my 4th Glasto, but it's the first where i'm not paying to go. I've managed to secure a job cooking for 1 of the bands who are playing.They aren't one of the major acts, in fact they are a minor act. All I have to do is cook breakfast for 20 people for 7 days. We are onsite from Monday 20th till Tuesday 28th. I was wondering if there are anymore efesters working for any of the other acts. If you are get in touch and lets have a meet with beer and other things!!!!! ;)

It sounds ideal on paper but I would imagine you don't have a fully working kitchen with gas/electricity/water so its going to take you longer than people imagine.

Its likely you will not have a GFL crew wrist band so while you may have access to a few non public area's there is many areas that Security may block you access even if your only intention is to get from A to B.

I have a mate who will be performing at three separate gigs at Glasto but its going to be tricky to meet up as he cant reach me but I should be able to reach him.

Assuming my Crew camp has not moved { By now I think I have circled the site twice as each time the crew camp expands its moved to a different area } I know that it requires a GFL crew wrist band to get into the general crew area and then a second Photo ID to get into our specific WBC Crew Camp

Its normally easier to move about before the public are allowed in but if you are organising a meeting your best to pick a public area first just in case you or they cant reach each other.

So have they told you which area you will be camping in ? and will your wrist band be associated with a specific stage ?

Due to a complaint last year by Mendip District Council the Bar that used to open a few days before the gates open may or may not be allowed to open early this year - it looked to me as if it was a mix up with the dates } and I know that some of the other crew bars were told to stop serving as technically they were not allowed to open until the Wednesday - its all red tape that should have been sorted out weeks before Glastonbury.

I will be onsite Tuesday afternoon and I have already arranged to meet some of the guys who run the information tents { as far as we know we should all be in the same crew camping area near Gate D } so we will be on a wander.

It sounds ideal on paper but I would imagine you don't have a fully working kitchen with gas/electricity/water so its going to take you longer than people imagine.

Its likely you will not have a GFL crew wrist band so while you may have access to a few non public area's there is many areas that Security may block you access even if your only intention is to get from A to B.

I have a mate who will be performing at three separate gigs at Glasto but its going to be tricky to meet up as he cant reach me but I should be able to reach him.

Assuming my Crew camp has not moved { By now I think I have circled the site twice as each time the crew camp expands its moved to a different area } I know that it requires a GFL crew wrist band to get into the general crew area and then a second Photo ID to get into our specific WBC Crew Camp

Its normally easier to move about before the public are allowed in but if you are organising a meeting your best to pick a public area first just in case you or they cant reach each other.

So have they told you which area you will be camping in ? and will your wrist band be associated with a specific stage ?

Due to a complaint last year by Mendip District Council the Bar that used to open a few days before the gates open may or may not be allowed to open early this year - it looked to me as if it was a mix up with the dates } and I know that some of the other crew bars were told to stop serving as technically they were not allowed to open until the Wednesday - its all red tape that should have been sorted out weeks before Glastonbury.

I will be onsite Tuesday afternoon and I have already arranged to meet some of the guys who run the information tents { as far as we know we should all be in the same crew camping area near Gate D } so we will be on a wander.