What's the atmosphere like?

Guest Aliandsas

Hi.:)

Leeds festival is definately mostly about the music. There's also plenty of market stalls selling your usual festival stuff like T shirts, Clothes, jewelry and loads of other nic nacs. As for entertainment apart from the music there's the Alternative Stage where you get to see some great comedians including quite a few big names, also on that stage you get some spoken word sets, some debates and some poetry, it's alweays worth a look as there's normally something decent on.

After the Arena closes there's plenty to keep you interested in the campsite. You've got my personal favourite, The Piccadilly Party which is basically a huge open air Indie Disco which goes on till 6am from, you also have The Relentless Stage which plays Dance music till the early hours, there's the Oxfam tent which plays a good mix of music till about 3am and there are various campsite DJ spots around the campsite where anyone can turn up and do a short DJ set. There will also be a cinema tent which is in the Arena and stays open till 3am.

I would say the overall vibe of the festival is pretty good. I won't lie, there are some peoiple who are out to be dickheads but you just have to keep an eye out for them and avoid them and you'll have a fantastic weekend.

last year was my first time at leeds and my first festival as well. The atmosphere was amazing. if you've not already passed out from the copious amount of alcohol you will consume there is plenty to do when the last bands finish at about 11. the oxfam tent is amazing. whether you're a mainstream fan (which I doubt if you're going to leeds), indie at heart, or a rock kinda guy they have everything and the DJ is amazing!! apart from the fact you can't make pits it was one of my best expreiences of leeds 2010!!

• 1 month later...

I have been to Leeds Festival a few times, Its more of a rock/punk/alternative festival although they have started to book more and more indie bands these last 2 years.

I really enjoyed my experiences there although I think its abit of a s*** hole. (exuse my french)

There is a huge stall/part for buying tshirts and hoodies/ essentials

Thats it though, there isnt a great deal apart from The Dance tent

Its not the BEST festival to go to. but I'd definitely recommend it at least once (bare in mind to only consider it if the line up meets your desire) :)

I have been to Leeds Festival a few times, Its more of a rock/punk/alternative festival although they have started to book more and more indie bands these last 2 years.

I really enjoyed my experiences there although I think its abit of a s*** hole. (exuse my french)

There is a huge stall/part for buying tshirts and hoodies/ essentials

Thats it though, there isnt a great deal apart from The Dance tent

Its not the BEST festival to go to. but I'd definitely recommend it at least once (bare in mind to only consider it if the line up meets your desire) :)

No the dance stage is in the Music Arena, which happens throughout the day from 12pm - 11pm. The music arena then closes and there is a 'dance tent' (which is actually the Relentless tent)situated in the Village for weekend campers which plays your dance music for a couple of 1000 people.

As far as i'm aware of there wasn't a strongbow/bacardi bar on site last year, I don't recall there being anything like that apart from your typical bar where you can buy various lagers, wines, spirits (at expensive prices)

Edited by JID

there was a Gaymers tent last year where the DJ had a huge selection of vynils and you gave him what ya wanted! It was very busy though and he got very backed up with them. Although last year i forgot the Pro Plus and was shatter every night! 1 MASSSSIVE TIP! Sit down between acts make sure you rest them legs good and propa! Cause that what did me in last year!