International Purchase during Sunday's Resale

Guest izcuje

Just a question for anyone who has experience buying tickets from abroad.

I was one of the lucky ones who managed to snag my tickets during the resale last Sunday with help from a UK friend.

However, yesterday I received an e-mail from SEE telling me that my payment didn't come through. They gave me a link to re-try, which I tried after checking with my bank about my card validity. I received an error that informed me a DEBIT card needs to be used.Seems that the system did not recognize my credit card.

As far as the ticket sales info mentions on the site, all international purchases need to be done using a Credit Card, and valid UK Debit Card is for UK purchases only. I've e-mailed SEE regarding this, and going to ring them up in a few hours if there's no response.

Was just wondering if anyone else from abroad are facing / have faced this kind of issue? Any leads would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

If it was a UK based friend who actually secured the ticket then I would guess that the normal UK rules apply when it comes to payment so you'll have to use a debit card.

Can your UK mate pay for the ticket and then you pay him back? Might be the easiest option.

A call to SEE would be a good idea too

Thing is he used my overseas address when purchasing the tickets, so I assumed the system would acknowledge the purchase as an international one and let my credit card be used.

Yeah, might have to resort to getting him to pay for me first.

Gonna see what SEE says about it though. They gave me until the 26th to sort things out but I was told Friday and Monday are public holidays so I'm getting a bit panicky about wiring money through on time.

Edited by izcuje

Just got off the phone with SEE. The lady acknowledged that as an international purchaser I was supposed to pay with a credit card, but wasn't sure how to go around the system asking for a debit card instead. She told me to drop an e-mail explaining the situation again so they could look into it, which I just did. So waiting for their reply again :huh::| .