Your all time no. 1 festival tip

Guest acripaul

BRING A CAMP CHAIR. Your going to be walking all day. at least when you have to stop off the tent to restock on beer/ find friends/ make food etc. you'll have something to sit on.

Every year in my group of friends there is always one who doesn't bring one. nothing worse than needing a rest and have nowhere to sit.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If by some miracle the bright light of dawn wakes you up, resist the temptation to lie in. Get down to the sinks and have a nice relaxing wash before the other 100,000 people start queuing up in front or behind you. Then go back to lie in. You get to spend ages at the sinks if you get there early.

I ordered a solar charger last week, figured I'd take the leap to taking a smartphone for nice photos and stuff (usually just a minimal old nokia, texts/calls/battery life only).

Another tip I would mention is to put up your tent in the garden to check it over (whether new or old), I pitched both mine today and the new one had a part missing, giving me plenty of time to harass millet's customer services. It was nice to see the veteran festival tent still covered in dust and with a crew camping pass attached (so going to try and blag crew camping again this year!)

Some great advice already, so I'll just add this one:

If you're taking a camera, write down something like 'this camera belongs to [your name] if found, please ring [your mobile number], then take a photo of it. It's proper handy if you do lose it, you might just get it back if someone honest picks it up, and yes, there are lots and lots of honest folks :D

Edited by mandypants

One thing I've learnt over the years is when going round all the markets and you see something you like try and resist buying it straight away...leave it until the Sunday and it will be half price (or less). There's nothing worse than paying £20 for something when you get there and seeing it for sale at £10 on the Sunday!!

Empty beer cans make for great ashtrays, leaves the farm free of cigarette ends which don't biodegrade.

Putting a bit of liquid in the can extinguishes them, making it safer still.

Ziplock bags keep your toilet roll dry as well as toiletries organised and risks of spills minimised. Toothpaste on your clothes is never a good thing!

Take suncream. Always have a bottle of water too. End of! The amount of peeps suffering sunstroke and heat exhaustion was astonishing last year!

One thing I've learnt over the years is when going round all the markets and you see something you like try and resist buying it straight away...leave it until the Sunday and it will be half price (or less). There's nothing worse than paying £20 for something when you get there and seeing it for sale at £10 on the Sunday!!

All time festival tip- take a working gas mask with filter. Comes in very handy for those long drops meaning you can have your 'hamlet moment' in peace. Also doubles up as one major headf**ker when you pour a wee drop amyl in the filter and whack the whole thing over the noggin for 2 seconds (so i've heard).

Be prepared for a sing/chinwag at long drops if your a bloke doing a p*ss. I have several times looked around me and made eye contact with several blokes doing the same and had a chat with them haha even had a sing late at night once! :lol:

Edited by BenchBuddah