What what what? PWEI?

Guest radish

Where did that come from? Pop Will Eat Itself. Pop Will F***in' Eat Itself? Pop. Will Eat Itself? PWEI? The Poppies? At BD? Really? Huh? :O

I know Vileevils went down the pan and Crabbie was talking up PWEI returning again, but everything went quiet a while ago after the release of the Axe of Men 2011 (or was that 2010, I can't remember - tbh the remix didn't really do a lot for me). I tried going to the PWEInation, but that's all gone weird and my login no longer works (and I can't see how to set up a new account). So this news of them playing at Beautiful Days is just totally unexpected, for me anyway.

Does anyone know if it's all of the band, or just Graham, Adam and maybe Fuzz? Clint was too busy doing his (very successful) soundtrack stuff to re-launch PWEI properly after the 2005 Re-formation gigs so will he be in Devon? Carter USM and PWEI on the same bill again! So many questions, not least being can I actually get enough time off for good behaviour to make it to BD...

Edited by radish

Must admit, I was very surprised when I saw this news. I've heard nothing about a full reunion anywhere; Clint is off in Hollywood doing is thing (there's a big article in Q this month about him and he doesn't say anything about them getting back together), Fuzz is playing with the Stuffies nowadays and I though I read that BRA are getting back together too.

So maybe it's going to be the re-named Graham Crabb's PWEI? Oh lord.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

They were better than I expected, obviously you get a 'rose tinted' view from the past... However they played for an hour, no - 'can u gig it?' or 'def con one', but a greatest hits set -'wise up sucker', 'there's no love..', etc. But they finished with 'Their Law' which blew me away. With the Beat the best bands for me of the weekend! Makes me pround to be a Brummy!!B)B)B)

• 3 weeks later...