First Announcement

Guest Red Day

Alas it would appear that Bella has turned int a music festival for people who aren't bothered about music and don't really go for festivals. I had such high hopes and am sad that it has come to this- have been going since 2005 but think this will be our last one. I will miss the general ambience but for me a music festival really should care about the music. It's not like I expected huge names but I'm struggling this year to not regret buying the tickets early. Glad to see there are others out there who still have a soul.

Okay, over dramatising a bit but I had such high hopes for this year. And they might surprise me yet

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alas it would appear that Bella has turned int a music festival for people who aren't bothered about music and don't really go for festivals. I had such high hopes and am sad that it has come to this- have been going since 2005 but think this will be our last one. I will miss the general ambience but for me a music festival really should care about the music. It's not like I expected huge names but I'm struggling this year to not regret buying the tickets early. Glad to see there are others out there who still have a soul.

Okay, over dramatising a bit but I had such high hopes for this year. And they might surprise me yet

I really want to be the person that says "C'mon everyone, It's early days. The organisers are bound to have a couple of aces up their sleeve." But I can't be, thanks to the fact they've confirmed the headliners. Gutted.

The fact that the only positive vibes on this 'First Announcements' thread are from people talking about an entirely different festival says it all.

Hopefully the organisers get the hint and pull the finger out.

I also think things weren't helped by last years considerable p*** poor line-up, which campared to this year looks....slightly better.

What I mean is I had hoped that there would be a lot of improvements last year, there were some but not enough. I had also hoped that the festival could carry me through it, but it didn't and I'd be reluctant to put myself in that position again.

lol, you're one of the lucky ones then ;)

It's not that I'm against seeing them, especially as I've never seen them before, but I just don't think they are deserving of headlining. If they'd been on the same night as Texas, with someone else a bit more current on the other night, would probably be happy enough.

Edited by theampersanddevil

See that makes a bit more sense (would be my idea of hell). I still can't get my head around this booking though. I've been trying to think of another scottish 80's band to give it some context. Aztec Camera, Danny Wilson, Simple Minds (but then that would be a booking and a half, mind you i love the breakfast club so I'm biased).

Talking of which I met Dougie Vipond once, so i'm biased against them.

Well I should see you there Mcscotty. We'd already decided to go this year - my daughter and grandaughter are coming plus some friends I think. Couldn't think of a better festival for a 3 yr old. The headliners aren't going to set the heather on fire but there's still plenty to be announced and thinking back there's been some dire headliners in the past. Probably won't be doing such intensive music listening anyway as will be spending quite a lot of time in the kids field etc plus some babysitting duties. Hope it's good weather. We'll be in the quiet camping this year too.

We'll be hoping for Kassidy then won't we!! I'm going to try and see them at Glastonbury and I'm also hoping to see Fleet Foxes who've just come on the telly on Jules Holland ...

I'm definitely hoping Kassidy will be added, a high up slot on the Garden Stage is deserved I think. I'm hoping there is a good chance too, with their CD just out and being on tour just now.

Have just noticed DB have the Saturday headline slot too, even more bizarre :huh:

Don't be,

Joining them at Bella 11' are Echo & The Bunnymen and Frightened Rabbit!

The Bunnymen? Seriously as much as i love their music their festival performances over the years have been poor. From what i hear they were awful at loop, not great at bella, ok at connect.