First Announcement

Guest Red Day

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Texas & Deacon Blue are both headliners, then I'm disappointed. Liked them well enough 1st time around, but think at least one headliner should be more current. Texas are strong enough I guess but DB, not so sure :(

After waiting with such baited breath for this morning, our house is now filled with a sense of crushing disappointment.

Oh well. Hope there's some extras over the next few months to start looking forward to.

Edited by Red Day

Ok found it.

Texas and Deacon Blue oh deary me have any of them released anything decent in the last 10 years? newton puts on a good show and admiral fallow were a band that have really come up in the last year, i only caught a song last year because I went to see the boy that trapped the sun but have seen them since and are really good.

tbh, benji francis leftwich is the only act there i'd hand over any cash to see and well maybe frank turner.

The line up could improve of course, it will get slightly worsewhen they add the dangleberries, but it could get better.

Ok found it.

Texas and Deacon Blue oh deary me have any of them released anything decent in the last 10 years? newton puts on a good show and admiral fallow were a band that have really come up in the last year, i only caught a song last year because I went to see the boy that trapped the sun but have seen them since and are really good.

tbh, benji francis leftwich is the only act there i'd hand over any cash to see and well maybe frank turner.

The line up could improve of course, it will get slightly worsewhen they add the dangleberries, but it could get better.

Oh dear.. couple acts out that I would go and see but between the headliners neither have been relevant for at least 10 years.. maybe they should have been booked for Rewind Festival the week before instead.

Not been relevant in 10 tens, but the Bella Goers don't care:

From the Bella Facebook:

We would like to warn all Bella fans that tickets are already selling at double the rate of last year’s event which sold out well in advance - we advise purchasing your tickets as soon as possible! We especially don’t want our long-term supporters to be caught out and left without tickets

I've already got our tickets, so not going to cut my nose off to spite my face. I think probably getting too excited by the names being chucked around. Never was a fan of Texas, but Deacon Blue were faves- 20 years ago....

Can't abide Newton Faulkner- production line singer/songwriter, but not heard of most of the others, so will get some stuff and see if we can't get into it. I like Admiral Fallow.

Last year's lineup with the likes of Dick Gaughan, Levellers, Stornoway, Wailers, Divine Comedy... just seemed so much more... meaty.

Never mind. Kids will have a ball.

Makes me laugh when the likes of Elbow and stuff were being mooted, though and end up with 20+ year old acts. :D

Maybe another odd gem to come, though.