Newcomer to Wychwood

Guest Banana Co

Hi,

I am going to Wychwood this year and I was just wanting a few questions answered.

How many music stages are there?

What time does the music tend to finish?

Does the comedy clash with the music?

Finally; What's it like?

There are 3 main stages and i think the officially music finishes off about 11pm but there is always stuff going on after that--and the Silent Disco (if on this year) goes on till late.

The comedy does clash with the music cos theres that much going on.

Whats it like? I suggest you read back over the last 2 pages or so cos I think every aspect of the festival has been covered in various posts (mostly by me!!).

A lot depends on what you are going for/who you are going with/how much drink and/or drugs you imbibe/how much money you got to blow.

Suffice to say, this festival is easily one of the best of its class and all things considered--you shouldn`t fail to have a ball.

den

Hi elliebob

It's pretty straightforward really. The whole thing is on a human scale, everyone is really friendly, there's enough going on to keep you happily entertained without feeling there's too many clashes and you're missing stuff, you'll discover something you really like that you didn't know about before and its just a great place to be. The fact that there's no litter on the campsite on Monday morning because everyone has cleaned up after themselves says it all really.

In short, its lovely, and if you don't have a great time, I'll be astonished.

I was a newbie last year (been to V, Glasto, Guilfest et al previously)

I thought it was a lovely little festival, very friendly, great for my small kids, good bands, lovely atmosphere, easy to get to ..... BEST campsite accessibility anywhere (can drive car to campsite, unload then shift the car rather than dragging though muddy fields) and a good mix of stuff to do.

We had intended to meet up with some friends in Chelmsford during the weekend but did as we didn't want to leave the site at any point.

<<whispers>> It is a bit twee and very middle class but it's also not a complete comercial overload (like V), is kid friendly (unlike V) and doesn't involve miles and miles of walking each day.

Has a good mix of music (as long as you like old indie / folkie / world music ... but hey I do!), comedy, dance and literature and was overall a really good weekend.

Edited by Rebexus

I was a newbie last year (been to V, Glasto, Guilfest et al previously)

I thought it was a lovely little festival, very friendly, great for my small kids, good bands, lovely atmosphere, easy to get to ..... BEST campsite accessibility anywhere (can drive car to campsite, unload then shift the car rather than dragging though muddy fields) and a good mix of stuff to do.

We had intended to meet up with some friends in Chelmsford during the weekend but did as we didn't want to leave the site at any point.

<<whispers>> It is a bit twee and very middle class but it's also not a complete comercial overload (like V), is kid friendly (unlike V) and doesn't involve miles and miles of walking each day.

Has a good mix of music (as long as you like old indie / folkie / world music ... but hey I do!), comedy, dance and literature and was overall a really good weekend.

<<whispers>> It is a bit twee and very middle class (quote)

-----------------------------------------------------------

....yes, this is true (Pimms, Waitrose, Independent give-aways, Concrete Toilet Block,

Hockey Sticks, Straw Boaters etc.etc)

Posh Stewards, like moi - 'I say, do you mind awfully - could you spare the time to

display your wristband ??'

<<whispers>> It is a bit twee and very middle class (quote)

-----------------------------------------------------------

....yes, this is true (Pimms, Waitrose, Independent give-aways, Concrete Toilet Block,

Hockey Sticks, Straw Boaters etc.etc)

Posh Stewards, like moi - 'I say, do you mind awfully - could you spare the time to

display your wristband ??'

I wish I'd never started this now. It does however remind me of the story of when a friend of mine who was volunteering at festival advised - of all people - Stephen Merchant, that wristband etiquette and festival hygiene dictated that you wore it above the hand that you didn't use to wipe your bottom. (He responded by suggesting this just might be slightly too much information)

Posh Stewards - 'I say, do you mind awfully - could you spare the time to display your non bottom wiping hand??'

Edited by RichardH

Now that the conversation has descended round the U-bend, I predict a post from

The Grate Denini, A-plus in Turdology at Hartlepool School for Girls !

I would recount me and my fellow stewards 'run-in' with Russell Howard (that REALLY funny comedian!)at the car park entrance to End of the Road Festival 2010, but, that's another subject.

Suffice to say - what a tightwad.....................

• 4 weeks later...