YES

Guest bamber

The last time I saw Yes was in the 70s at Wembley when Rick Wakeman rejoined the band. It was always one of those bands you either liked or disliked. Not sure how well they would go down with todays crowd.

I would go and see them if they appeared and did not clash with anybody else. :)

:lol:

to quote the whole of Charlie Murrays review of one of their concerts... :D

they played a few years ago. I went it the deluded hope they'd play at least some of their earlier (first 3 albums really). They were late, and conveneiently reminded me why I grew to hate them

Edited by tevaburger

OK, this where I make my big YES speech. Hell Yeah Owner of a lonely heart was utter shite, but this band at their peak live were utter greatness. Erratic as a rule, but always had Moments, Moments . Seasons will pass you by. I get up. I get down,ownnn,nnnnnnnn

http://www.google.co.uk/url?url=http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DELpmmeT69cE&rct=j&sa=X&ei=cHOWTZOGJIa7hAfooNziCA&ved=0CBsQuAIwAA&q=lonely+heart+yes&usg=AFQjCNGo9xOgpX2QCCzC9Y8N3xdd27aEcA' rel="external nofollow">

play_c.gif

Edited by bamber

to be honest, Yes were rubbish in '03. It didn't help that Anderson was away with the fairies, but the main problem was their setlist; they became a Yes tribute band in the early 90s. They should have chosen more carefully and rearranged their material for a younger audience. As a Yes fan of twenty-five years, at the time, it was disappointing to see the huge crowd of young people just evaporate as they played when they could have been winning new fans. Admittedly, most of the middle-aged men who remained enjoyed the show, but it was an opportunity missed.

:lol:

to quote the whole of Charlie Murrays review of one of their concerts... :D

they played a few years ago. I went it the deluded hope they'd play at least some of their earlier (first 3 albums really). They were late, and conveneiently reminded me why I grew to hate them

• 1 month later...

I do recall some sort of interesting noises emanating from the Jazz Stage whilst I was at a Greenpeace Field Sunday Wedding in 03 and vaguely recall being able to see Rick Wakeman in full gold lame from a distance.

There was a great story I read once about a guy who'd given his mum strict instructions to get the Yes double album "Tales from Topographic Oceans" for him for Christmas. He was surprised to unwrap Quadrophenia on Christmas morning, but imagined the conversation in the record shop:

[uncertain mother]: Er, I'd like the new double album please.

[shop assistant]: By The Who?

[Mother]: Yes.

A quick google search found this news item from yesterday.

http://www.bclocalnews.com/okanagan_similkameen/vernonmorningstar/entertainment/121732209.html

In the meantime..... have this

:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIZ0Q_PlB_4

The last time I saw Yes was in the 70s at Wembley when Rick Wakeman rejoined the band. It was always one of those bands you either liked or disliked. Not sure how well they would go down with todays crowd.

I would go and see them if they appeared and did not clash with anybody else. :)

Edited by doubledutch