2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see why Paramore are being touted, I think they'll slide off the map until the singer gets pushed into going solo by the record/management company. No way will they headline or even play as high as sub again.

If I ever got the chance to curate a Dance tent for the weekend it would look something like this...

Sigma

Blame

DJ Zinc

Nero

Chase & Status (DJ Set)

Magnetic Man (Live)

Pendulum (DJ Set)

Brookes Brothers

Sub Focus (DJ Set)

Drumsound & Bassline Smith

The Freestylers

The Nextmen

Rusko

Caspa

Benga

Skream!

Joker

Emalkay

The Others

The Prototypes

Freq Nasty

Jungle Drummer Vs. DJ Fu

Logistics

Nu:Tone

London Electricity

Camo & Krooked

Netsky

Cyantific

High Contrast

Danny Byrd

New Zealand Shapeshifter

...closest I'll get is Glastonbury/Bestival but one can dream! A bit DnB heavy but that's what I like at the moment, the acts wouldn't cost to much to do & I think a lot of the teens at R+L would like it.

I think next year wil be one of the following

Biffy Clyro / Kasabian / Foo Fighters

Placebo / Editors / System of a Down (as long as sonisphere don't get them and they are not done with the re-formation)

Or

Blur / Kasabian / Foo Fighters

I think next year wil be one of the following

Biffy Clyro / Kasabian / Foo Fighters

Placebo / Editors / System of a Down (as long as sonisphere don't get them and they are not done with the re-formation)

Or

Blur / Kasabian / Foo Fighters

presumably sub, but i can't imagine SOAD subbing...

and i can't see placebo subbing either, they're no more relevant than 2009 when they played 3rd. i doubt they'll have any new material out by 2012 either. so i don't think they'll play.

Placebo would make a perfect NME headliner. I doubt they'd play 2nd again though, when I saw them in 2009 the crowd they drew wasn't that notable for the Main Stage.

I think it would be a bit of a risk booking Bloc Party to headline. I mean, I'm sure at least 90% of people who have been to Reading and Leeds in the past 5 years will have seen them. Part of what makes a worthy headliner is the "wow factor" of people having not seen them before, or not seen them in ages. Although it all depends on how their next album does of course.

Placebo would make a perfect NME headliner. I doubt they'd play 2nd again though, when I saw them in 2009 the crowd they drew wasn't that notable for the Main Stage.

I think it would be a bit of a risk booking Bloc Party to headline. I mean, I'm sure at least 90% of people who have been to Reading and Leeds in the past 5 years will have seen them. Part of what makes a worthy headliner is the "wow factor" of people having not seen them before, or not seen them in ages. Although it all depends on how their next album does of course.