Ed209

best youtube vids

23 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

telling me video unavailable :(  (an error occurred)

12 minutes ago, feral chile said:

telling me video unavailable :(  (an error occurred)

Not sure why that should be, because I'm posting it the usual way that I post off Youtube. I'll have another go. Has this worked?

12 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Not sure why that should be, because I'm posting it the usual way that I post off Youtube. I'll have another go. Has this worked?

yes, this one works, thanks Yog. though not sure why my earlier reply didn't get posted. tech error on my part no doubt.

Using multiple devices produces different results here.

7 hours ago, feral chile said:

yes, this one works, thanks Yog. though not sure why my earlier reply didn't get posted. tech error on my part no doubt.

Using multiple devices produces different results here.

Hello feral.

Not sure what earlier post you are on about, other than to say that I, obviously, saw the one that said that you couldn't see the footage of my last post. I am unable to use multiple devices. I have just got a new mobile phone after not having one for at least three months. I can really take or leave the need for immediate communication phone wise. That said, computer wise, it's evidently a bit different. I've just had to send a whack of money to my stepson in Germany, so that he can come home immediately, as he's had a non recoverable  argument with his now ex girlfriend over there. And this is the bloke who was screaming in to my face and being aggressive to me at Xmas. I need my head testing. But then again, I think we all know that!¬

56 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello feral.

Not sure what earlier post you are on about, other than to say that I, obviously, saw the one that said that you couldn't see the footage of my last post. I am unable to use multiple devices. I have just got a new mobile phone after not having one for at least three months. I can really take or leave the need for immediate communication phone wise. That said, computer wise, it's evidently a bit different. I've just had to send a whack of money to my stepson in Germany, so that he can come home immediately, as he's had a non recoverable  argument with his now ex girlfriend over there. And this is the bloke who was screaming in to my face and being aggressive to me at Xmas. I need my head testing. But then again, I think we all know that!¬

I posted that I could now see it on my phone, but although I could see the video, I couldn't submit my post! 

it's probably my incompetence rather than the site, my pc won't let me watch videos suddenly.

Ah family. Can't live with them can't kill them.

Edited by feral chile

Forget my post above. If you want to know how that works, it's because ALL the cards are changed / different when you see your 'missing' card. Very clever.

This is much more important. Much more. To me, it represents a parable. We could be like this to each other, but are not. I'm as guilty, if not more guilty, than the next person of failure in this area. Why, I wonder? 

On ‎22‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 4:00 AM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Forget my post above. If you want to know how that works, it's because ALL the cards are changed / different when you see your 'missing' card. Very clever.

This is much more important. Much more. To me, it represents a parable. We could be like this to each other, but are not. I'm as guilty, if not more guilty, than the next person of failure in this area. Why, I wonder? 

Bystander effect/diffused responsiblity. You might think someone more qualified than you is bound to step up. or others' inaction makes you think you don't need to act. fear of litigation or making things worse/not knowing what to do.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bystander_effect

Wiki goes through the theory and possible reasons for group inactivity.

WARNING - the real life examples that triggered the research are upsetting, and are at the end of the article.

Edited by feral chile

I understand that there are several levels of irony attached to my posting of this (see below), but overall it's an important message, and worthy of consideration, in my opinion;

14 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I like the sound of a Welsh choir. Even though I don't understand a word of it, it's quite moving. You can feel the pride.

I don't understand it either. Our old headmaster used to run assemblies like choir rehearsal. He used to wear his gown and conduct us with his cane. Boys and girls did different bits.