Weed and security at Leeds festival

Guest ConnorG23

"a friend of mine" once smuggled all his goodies into the festival in a pot noodle!

open pot noodle (preferably a bombay bad boy to cover up any smells)

take out noodles

place in goodies

add noodles back in

seal with glue

Just dont forget what youve done in a drunken state one night and go to make your lovely bombay badboy!

have fun all!

• 1 month later...

generally speaking the amount of drugs one person needs for one festival is very small and as a result there is loads of places to hide the drugs.

if the security were to search everybody bags this thouroughly looking for a package the size of and 1/8th coke, 10 pills, gram of MDMA (i.e f***ing small) etc there would be people queueing to get in untill sunday morning, it's physically impossible. all the searches are there for prohibited items like weapons, knives, glass, campling gas and so on. there are some festivals where drugs searches are ramped up, but even then they are only looking for 100bags of pills, ounces of coke etc. (i.e dealers)

and another thing, i don't think it's a good idea to all share ideas of where to hide your drugs on an open message board for all too see, it draws attention to them. I have some pretty much foolproof tried and tested easy places, but i'm not telling as it may make them common knowledge and i could get busted! think about it, all it would take is a security boss to google "hiding drugs for festivals" or similar and they find this thread. then they brief all the men and at leeds 2011 all crisp packets and pot noodles are closely scrutinised :blink:

also, if anybody does get caught with drugs don't be tempted to say it's not for you, your carrying it for a mate, or it's only for your mates as if the police get involved it makes the charge worse cos it's possession with intent to supply and not just possession. and, i wouldn't reccomend splitting your drugs into loads of bags and hiding them in multiple places either as this leads the police to beleive you are involved with dealing, and it's harder to prove they are just for personal use. and another thing, if you get caught with pills and the police get involved, reserve your right to stay silent untill they have tested them. alot of pills these days are not technically a class A substance and are actually class B,C or legal or a combo of the above and in that case the penalty is alot lower. if you admit possesion of class A and they are actually paracetamol, you get done with pssession of a class A. same goes for coke, unless you're certain what it is stay quiet, it may be ket or speed for all you know.

Something I noticed about last year was that they must have had a kind 'criminal profile' for who to search because me and my girlfriend (we didn't take any drugs, incidentally) wandered back and forth from the camp to car park and in and out of the arena countless times without being stopped once. They didn't even check our bags when we initially first got in to Leeds.

I think police search men, generally, who fit a certain description. I noticed most of the time that it was 2 men that got searched rather than a whole group of them, and if you carry a lot with you into the arena, most of the time I noticed they didn't actually bother with you.

Alternatively, just don't take any drugs and the worries you have about security will be taken away.