Weed and security at Leeds festival

Guest ConnorG23

These boards might not be the best place to ask since police do check them (apparently) as long as your coming by car/bus and not trains you should be okay. they usually just have stewards at the gate who check your tickets, give you a quick glance and wave you through.

However if your obviously nervous they may do a search so be inventive about where you put it.

they searched me last year, all i did was put my bag onto the table, they felt around outside, then waved me through, same happened for the people behind us, we went through at Brown, they didn't even bother looking in my bag, well only the one with all the booze in it, but that was just a carrier bag anyways

My mate brought our weed in last year, about £60 worth. He had it wrapped up in the middle of his bag and got it searched, they didn't find it though thank god.

One of the stewards actually said 'If you get the weed past us then you deserve it, have a nice joint!' :blink:

Also round the campsite we were just freely smoking weed and nobody said anything, you could clearly smell it as people were asking if we were dealing. We always asked our neighbours if they minded us smoking it though, if they did we'd have moved away a little bit. Just don't be a dick with it and you'll be fine, enjoy yourself!

Something I noticed about last year was that they must have had a kind 'criminal profile' for who to search because me and my girlfriend (we didn't take any drugs, incidentally) wandered back and forth from the camp to car park and in and out of the arena countless times without being stopped once. They didn't even check our bags when we initially first got in to Leeds.

I think police search men, generally, who fit a certain description. I noticed most of the time that it was 2 men that got searched rather than a whole group of them, and if you carry a lot with you into the arena, most of the time I noticed they didn't actually bother with you.

Alternatively, just don't take any drugs and the worries you have about security will be taken away.

I took weed last year and had no trouble getting it in, just listen to the advice already mentioned. :)

Just out of curiosity, what do people think would happen if they found some? Would it just be a confiscation or something more serious?

They just take it home and give it to their kids.

Actually I don't know. I'd imagine it'd be the same as if you got caught in the street with it. Confiscation, maybe a good slap on the wrist... having weed on you isn't exactly molesting kids. On the other hand, the smell is digusting, it's ultimately completely unproductive, I always found it never made me feel good and overall just a waste of time.

I don't think this thread is really aimed at me.

I went in 2009 with a guy who took loads of drugs; mushys, pills, coke, weed and MDMA. He got through all the security the initial time into the campsite at the wristband exchange fine. But I think it was on the friday he had alot of his stash on him, an inside pocket on his leather jacket, as we were walking into the arena, he got patted down and the security guard found it. Took the bag of drugs off him (my mate offered security £50 to let it slide) and that was pretty much it. He took his pipe off him too but he got that back as it hadn't been used yet.

Stash carefully.

An 1/8th will not be enough man, from experience, and I'm not a heavy user.

Train station with sniffer dogs is the only hurdle, if you do get searched as long as it's nowhere obvious they won't find it.

Tbh i think the police are pretty sensible about it. If you try and bring it through any stations you'll get caught, if you draw attention to yourself you'll get caught. But ultimately weed is probably near the bottom of their list of priorities because they can catch some serious class A dealers at festivals. Be smart about it and ultimately if you get caught then you cant really complain because it is illegal after all.

To reseal crisp packets use a damp tea towel and an iron. You wont burn the plastic then (speaking from experience).

One thing to note is I have seen people booted from the festival for having weed. One of the guys near our camp, security saw his grinder, searched him, found a little on him and booted him out the door.

I meanwhile took my stash for a walk until my mates texted me saying the coast was clear.

Edited by Mega Ross

• 2 months later...

"a friend of mine" once smuggled all his goodies into the festival in a pot noodle!

open pot noodle (preferably a bombay bad boy to cover up any smells)

take out noodles

place in goodies

add noodles back in

seal with glue

Just dont forget what youve done in a drunken state one night and go to make your lovely bombay badboy!

have fun all!