• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yuck is probably my favourite but....

British Sea Power

Decemberists

Bright eyes

are all already out and fabulous

I've also heard The Dears and Noah and the Whale that are coming out soon and are both, if anything, even more fabulous!

And with Elbow, Guillemots, Okkervil River, Glasvegas, all coming soon. My Morning Jacket and The Jayhawks on the horizon it's shaping up to be a classic year.

(I'm sure I'm forgetting loads)

PJ Harvey.

Bright Eyes is good but could do without the narration.

Low Anthem is promising (only heard it once).

Not new but new to me is the previous Phoenix Foundation album (Happy Ending). Have only just got the new one.

Looking forward to Mountain Goats, Glasvegas, N&TW, and sounds like I need to check out Yuck, heard nothing but good things.

PJ Harvey.

Bright Eyes is good but could do without the narration.

Low Anthem is promising (only heard it once).

Not new but new to me is the previous Phoenix Foundation album (Happy Ending). Have only just got the new one.

Looking forward to Mountain Goats, Glasvegas, N&TW, and sounds like I need to check out Yuck, heard nothing but good things.

These four:

No Witch by The Cave Singers

Departing by The Rural Alberta Advantage

Jet Set Siempre No.1 by Clive Tanaka Y Su Orquestra

Napa Asylum by Sic Alps

Have been my favourites so far this year. Still need to give that PJ Harvey album a listen though... Bright Eyes was bitterly disappointing.

These four:

No Witch by The Cave Singers

Departing by The Rural Alberta Advantage

Jet Set Siempre No.1 by Clive Tanaka Y Su Orquestra

Napa Asylum by Sic Alps

Have been my favourites so far this year. Still need to give that PJ Harvey album a listen though... Bright Eyes was bitterly disappointing.

Didn't see much in The Local, but Singing Adams and Plants & Animals were both excellent. Wilderness Of Manitoba were in the Tipi (and the woods, if were being picky).

Just looked at the Local's website to see who they've been booking. I'm going with David Thomas Broughton, Napoleon IIIrd and Barn Owl being signed up to play. Dan Mangan played for them last year as well, and if he gets the nod, I'd expect to see him on the Local stage.

I only saw Leif Vollebekk in The Local - highlight of the weekend for me - but that was despite the almost soulless atmosphere there - I think because of the open front (presumably this was because of the dj sets later).

I wonder if it would be too much hassle to have it closed during The Local sets, then open it come dj time?